Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed >

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Old 07-28-2014, 07:14 AM

I'm working on my Boom blocks too before I can start on these RAB blocks. Glad they're not due til October!!

Jane
Old 07-28-2014, 10:35 AM

Hi fellow "Repeaters"!
Ready to start 1st Block for this Boom. Will be posting later this week! Scheduled to finish 11 Blocks by August 25th. Looking forward to seeing the Blocks made for this Swap.

Sew Happy,
Bee
Old 07-28-2014, 07:19 PM

I finished the other boom and I am ready to start on this boom. YEAH. I am so excited.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:30 AM

I have made 5 blocks. Working on other things now, but will return later.

UrGodschild2-have pattern for row
Old 08-01-2014, 08:03 AM

My friend went to Florida and VA and picked up some row by row patterns and I have the ones here in my little part of the world. If anyone wants copies I will send them in the packages in Oct. when we finish. Just let me know.
My niece in UT is sending me one from a store there and my best friend in NH is sending me several from that end too.
Barb
Old 08-02-2014, 08:57 AM

Yes put one in my pkg
Old 08-02-2014, 10:34 PM

I also have some LQS that are doing the row-by-row and I will get to them and get the patterns. I am in OR
Old 08-06-2014, 07:51 AM

Have you guys ever started on a project and you get so involved that it becomes the only thing that you do for several days and then you are missing in action to other people? LOL I had two things. ONe was my friend got a long arm from her parents. It was theirs and they are elderly and can't use it so gave it to my friend. Mind you no instruction books. So we have been trying to figure out how to work the darn thing. We did get it going for small things and it seemed to work ok. Then I decided that our guild has a lot of quilt tops that are just sitting there and I thought what a great idea to practice on that. Well two days later we have discovered that we put it on the machine wrong and that is why it wasn't working so well. It took my friends savvy daughter to go on line and get us the instructions to set it up right. LOL those youngsters can figure out anything. Then My friends step son (37) was in a very bad motorcycle accident so that interrupted that. So then I am at home and I am working on a quilt.
Actually it is the quilt that was made from the blocks from the last RAB. I have no idea why this has occupied so much of my time the last few days but it has. I picked some material for the backing and it is a chinz , I think that is how you spell it. I can't seem to get it to lie right and I thought I had it and quilted one of the squares and it looks beautiful but the back seems to be going crazy now. I am going to take the pins off and spray glue the sucker and then repin and see if that works. But my goodness, that is all I have worked on and dreamed about. LOL
Maybe I should just put it away and work on the blocks for this group. Less stress.
There is a new AP that you can take a picture of instructions and then email it to who ever. They can open it and then download it and then print out the instructions. We are playing with that to see if it really works and if it does then for the row by row patterns we could use our phones to take a picture, send it as a pdf and then we can open it and print it. Also if you don't want that pattern, delete it. But so far we are having a few little glitches. I will let you all know if it really works. Saves going over to the office stores to get prints. and then mailing it.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:53 PM

Gods Child .....sounds like you are where I call "in the zone" with your project! In The Zone - is the place where I am determined to stay with a project until it is done....no matter what obstacles I have to hurdle over. That's when the sewing room door is closed and the sign is posted that reads....no one but God should attempt to open this door....Quilter "in the zone"!

I decided to get start on my Repeat Blocks when other have started. I have learned that finishing and posting early on causes one to miss out on all the creating chatter. Have two finished for this Swap, however waiting for the first post before I add mine.

Love being busy here when everyone is buzzing around the thread! Good luck with your project! You will conquer!

Bee
Old 08-09-2014, 09:09 AM

Hello All . . . . Kinda' fell off the radar a bit. . . .Family & friends from New Mexico & Texas have been visiting since early July & the last one left yesterday. Had a BLAST & I'm exhausted. Haven't had a chance to catch-up on the threads yet. Just wanted to check-in & say . . . .
Thank You for the wonderful blocks that were sewn for me while I was on sabbatical.
I should be back in my groove in a few days & start Repeat Boom. . . . GP