Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed >

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Repeat a boom #2 - Signups Have Closed

Old 10-21-2014, 03:27 PM

P.S. I will be posting pictures of two quilts I am finishing from the Booms. Can't wait! Let us know how you are doing Barb! Missing you already!

Bee
Old 10-21-2014, 09:53 PM

Well I got a hold of the second person who has not sent their blocks yet. Her work schedule has changed and she is behind the eight ball. She said that she should have them done by this weekend.. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I am leaving for Northern Cal next Monday.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:02 AM

I hope those that say they will send will send. at least send what they have done right? I am sorry your having family troubles and will pray that life gets easier. its a change to be sure and while some deal with this much better than others its never easy for any. My block I would love to get back as I need it to complete one quilt and that was all the fabric I had. perhaps if they don't have time they could simply mail the fabrics back to you in one envelope. I think a lot of us would like the fabric back if there is no time to work on it. the time issue I get the not mailing back I don't. will send you a 1.00 to get mine back if that helps? mine was a discontinued fabric and is harder to get now. so it is worth it to get it back if possible if not well things happen. one solid square of something else will be odd but guess I can figure it out. that's what quilting is all about I suppose thanks for taking the time to set up this swap and for doing all the sorting and mailing. wowsa. that is a ton of work. and much much appreciated!
Old 10-23-2014, 09:25 PM

Thanks Elisabrat. We will see how it goes and keep our fingers crossed. My sister in law that passed away had poly cystic kidney disease and had no kidneys for over 10 years. They had their own dialysis machine at home so she never had to go to a clinic. they just did it at night . She had other health issues and was in a lot of pain. She is with God now and no longer in pain. My brother just wants some grown up help for a week.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:58 AM

". . . Personally, I'm not interested in getting the block I made back as I wouldn't do anything with it . . "

I should clarify: I'm talking about the friendship star block made with Tweedy Bird fabric. That's the block I'm suggesting be put together (I volunteered) and make as a charity quilt. I'm not interested in getting the block back that I made as I wouldn't do anything with a single solitary block like that.

Just don't want any confusion - - - -

Jane
Old 10-24-2014, 08:59 AM

I agree with Brat - if she can't make my requested block, I would rather get the fabric I sent her back.

Jane
Old 10-24-2014, 11:46 AM

I have kidney failure so get the dialysis thing. I am so very sad she had so much pain. I just have exhaustion a minor thing all relative. I will say a prayer for your family in this time of much sadness.

I can't wait to get all my blocks back! I am going to make a baby quilt for the future grand children I don't yet have lol. I figure if I have six set aside (currently zero) I will have a gift if they have children right of way and if not the children will keep them til they do have children to keep as a love gift from me. this will make such a beautiful start to what I hope to be a great collection. For some reason I keep finding more and more little girl fabric! yikes! I tell myself ok shop for boys fabric too... then a new pink and red and aqua cute little monkeys shows up and well I NEED that one. and the pretty yellow fabric with foxs and raccoons on it that is adorable and well.. girly again. wonder is it I got my fix with two sons of my own or is it growing up with three sisters that did the trick?
Old 10-25-2014, 03:11 AM

I have two sons also Elisabrat and lots of girl's fabric too. It is so beautiful. I will say any quilts I have made for my nephews or DB-In-laws have been appreciate more. They seem to remind me more often about how they use it. But I am lucky with DGC already.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:39 AM

Ok, this is what I am definitely going to do. LOL. I have to keep a sense of humor about all of this. We have two participants who have not met the deadline. So I have told both of them to please send me all of the blocks, finished or unfinished back as members would at least like their fabric back. We will see what I get back from them. Hopefully they will mail them today or Monday. I have postponed my trip up to Northern CA until the middle of November. Two of my nieces want to make quilts out of their Mom's clothes, so we are going to be quilting. I can stay longer if I go in the middle of November. So that said, If I don't hear from those people by Monday, I am mailing everyone's blocks out.

Now I need to know what to do with their blocks. In a way it is not fair that they get all their blocks done and we don't. But then we can't really keep their blocks. So I think we just have to let it go and they will not be able to join the next time we do the swap.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:43 AM

Elisabrat.......I too see all the cute girly fabric and gee that would be so cute to have. I need to buy more boy fabric and always get side tracked at the LQS. then I go home and think......where is the boys fabric??????? Sigh. I think it is because we ourselves are girls and doggone it.....little girls stuff is so cute. Why don't they make boys stuff cute????? Maybe that is our goal now...........Make CUTE boy stuff. (don't think so)