Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhonda's Second Wall Hanging Swap

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    WOW you started it? I pulled fabric. That wore me out so I am taking a break. uh like a one more week break as I have to finish a quilt I started. Mystery train, finished the back piecing today as I had not enough fabric to do the whole thing and now to pin it and machine quilt it. I have a brother csi6000 so its not a big machine. One row at a time. and smoooshing it into that small window is no easy task. I think gee I ironed this thing together before I got to the quilting only to smooooooooosh it into 1/10 the size it was ..was there thinking involved here? no choice. I dream of your long arm quilt machines. ok I only sorta do. I fantasize about sitting in a chair with a cup of hot tea watching you use that long arm machine on my quilt. I love making tops. I hate quilting. (horrid thing to admit)
    The designing is my first love and I get through the piecing to see the end result. But I don't much care for the quilting part! I can't do anything but STID so far. I did try a little bit of wide easy fmq on a couple of totes I did for my dgs. I have a lot to learn before I can say I can fmq LOL

Blog Entries
    Hey! I've never done this before, but I will take a stab at it. Feb 28th is a manageable time frame. I'll PM you may addy. Sounds like fun!

Rhonda, you are so talented that I would have thought you did fantastic quilting. I like your many designs although many are more than I can achieve at this point. I appreciate your sharing your designs.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
    Rhonda, you are so talented that I would have thought you did fantastic quilting. I like your many designs although many are more than I can achieve at this point. I appreciate your sharing your designs.
    LOL if you look behind the pretty design you'll see I cheat! LOL The steps to make them are not complicated and any beginner can make them. It's just a matter of knowing the steps.

The Boston Block - sew two pieces of fabric together. Trim one edge sew on a third piece to the bottom. Cut out hte center with a template and tada!! You have a Boston Block. Make as many you need in the colors you need and sew 6 rows of 6 blocks per row and you have a quilt block!!

Name:  Boston 2=.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  41.7 KB

Name:  Boston 2 layout=.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  33.6 KB

I have several shortcut blocks that are not hard todo just have a couple more steps or so.
    I also have a couple of other ways to cut this that doesn't have as much leftover fabric. I reuse any leftovers when I use this method so no waste.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Rhonda; 12-13-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Rhonda those are just so pretty. I can't wait.
    JuneBillie - In memory of my dear mother June, and my dear mother in law Billie.
    I am thankful for this day My name - Susan

I love how you did that. Its way easier than getting those angles to all magically fit together. I dont mind the fabric waste either if it means those points work. oh no dont mind at all I am in a sick way happy to hear I am not alone. I stitch in the ditch only too. I am getting to where it looks pretty good in my minds eye.. and sometimes regular fmq well looks too busy? too quilted? have to find something I can drool at and wish I had done. I saw a tablerunner in the picture section done by cjtinkle she had such beautiful quilting.. ah that is an inspiration for me. to do some fancy quilting like that.. on a tablerunner or wall hanging lol not a whole quilt. first to make the tops right?

I am quilting in a few minutes waiting for more sunlight and well wish me luck and probably a dozen or so prayers I get it right the first time. This is my test in patience. oh no!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Fun part of doing them that way would be to use up scraps for blocks. Hmmm, suggestion for scrap club thread.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Rhonda, thanks for sharing the shortcut method shown above, I love finding out these easy ways to do some blocks and I am going to be trying this one real soon
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Here is the answer to the word scramble

Name:  Word Scramble - 1 - Answers.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  13.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Oops! Wrong thread
    Last edited by Rhonda; 12-14-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast