Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016) >

Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016)

Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016)

Old 02-11-2017, 12:01 PM

Thank you.
We have some beautiful quilts to show for our collective efforts.

No package, no tracking number, nothing to tell.

Originally Posted by givio View Post
b.zang, I'm waiting to hear your quilt top has arrived home. Have you got it yet? That international mail is hard to be patient with! Here's the link for our album:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19669.html
Old 02-15-2017, 01:21 PM

UPDATE: b.zang's top has cleared customs! I hope she receives it very soon!
Old 02-18-2017, 01:57 PM

Good news about the package clearing Customs! We hope you get it soon, b.zang! Please let us know.

Mim's wall hanging is sewn. It's 42" square, so a good size to add a backing that is yardage without needing a seam. I really wanted to add a white and blue triangle sawtooth border! But I resisted, because adding more borders was not the plan. I will send along to Mim the extra blue fabric that was so kindly donated for this project, and she can decide if she wants to add more to the top herself.

If you do not see your block represented, I very much apologize. I don't have an organized sewing area, and was working on other projects during the same time the blocks were coming, one at a time, in the mail to me. I tried really hard over the few months that I was receiving the blocks to keep them all in the same place. I think either I didn't get one in the mail, or I got it and misplaced it. So, again, I apologize if that is your block. If I find it at a later time, then I will use it in a charity quilt. I was so pleased that you all were so ready and willing to do something for another, who we thought had lost her quilt top in the mail. It was so kind of you all. Thank you!

Please let us know, Mim, when you get it! :-)
Attached Thumbnails mim.jpg  

Last edited by givio; 02-18-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:12 PM

This is a great sampler!
Old 02-18-2017, 09:23 PM

I love it! Cute, cute sampler!
Old 02-20-2017, 08:03 PM

Givio - that is a lovely quilt. Thank you so much for taking the lead on this project, and especially for leading the rest of us to make blocks for mim. We all were sorry when that top when missing and although it can never be replaced, you've created a nice substitute.

My top is home - thank you for the photo finish, GracefulAnn. I want to say that the top is much nicer hanging on my design wall than the pictures could ever suggest. I think my husband is hoping to have it on our bed.

This has been a lot of fun and I've enjoyed the great group to share stitches with.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:45 PM

I'm so glad your top made it home and I'm glad you like it. Hopefully, everyone will post pics when they get their top quilted!
Old 02-21-2017, 07:07 PM

That's great! Another 'Robin has flown' home! Good news!

I agree the pictures don't really give you the full effect. Don't you think the tops that came your way were lovely to see in person? :-) I did.

So we'll just wait a bit for Mim to let us know she got the block sampler, and then I believe we will be finished.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:36 PM

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I took my top to my guild sew day to show it off and everyone fell in love! Now they what to do a class on just borders and they want to do a round robin! We haven't done a round robin in years. Here I go again! Also, check out the summer swap ladies. I'm participating and I would love to work with everyone again!
Old 02-24-2017, 05:37 PM

GracefulAnn, How fun it will be to do the same activity with people you know in person in your quilt group! That will be a great time! It happened in my local quilting group that some of the girls wanted to do a RR too, after they heard me talking about this one. We are on our 3rd round there already-- so it's 36" this time. We meet monthly.

Mim, I'm just checking with you about the quilt top that I sent to you, to your winter address in WA. It was your top made by the girls here in the Round Robin. Did you get it? USPS tracking says they delivered it to your mailbox there on Feb.23. Please let us know if it's safely home. Thank you!