Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016) >

Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016)

Round Robin July to December 2016 (deadline for sign-up July 30, 2016)

Old 02-24-2017, 06:26 PM

GracefulAnn, Please post pictures of your guild round robin. It is fun to see the whole process as the quilt grow.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:18 PM

I'm still waiting for Mim's response. I've sent private messages also.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:13 PM
mim

I'm sorry -- I've been away and totally out of contact. My sis needed me and she not only doesn't have internet, she doesn't have TV. I say that she still writes with a quill pen. She uses a rotary phone -- local access only -- -- I didn't know that they were still in use. and she uses a manual typewriter.

Anyhow -- I got back last nite and am still sorting out all the mail and emails. I have received the marvelous wall hanging with the blocks you all made -- they are fantastic!!! the colors are perfect!!! I will post a pix and comment on all the blocks. One in particular I have not seen before. And thank you for the extra FQ of what I call butterfly wing fabric.

I also got the swap WH -- I wonder where it went?? Not surprising that the Post Office is so bad -- I recently got a Christmas package.

I went toColorado to take care of my sis who had surgery. She moved there a couple years ago from being in CT for 40 years. Sadly, it hasn't been as wonderful as she had hoped and expected. Grandchildren have their own lives and she hasn't found the church family that she had back east.

I will post pix tomorrow, My darling husband has been amassing all the snail mail, but the emails just piled up.

Mim
Old 03-07-2017, 06:44 PM
mim

I finally got my pix. This post is the original border swap -- which was "lost" and then found. I really am impressed with the way you pulled the olive green from the tiny bit in the original block. It added so much life to the finished piece. And thank you for the blue butterflies in the blue on-point and underlined the meaning of the block name.

The bit of yellow fron the original block added so much sparkle.

Thank you all so much -- Mim

I'm sorry I couldn't have all the block -- it evidently was too many pixels
Attached Thumbnails border-rr-2017.jpg  
Old 03-07-2017, 06:55 PM
mim

Here are the pix of the blocks you all sent -- They are magnificent!!! there is one block that I wonder how it was put together. It is to the right of the butterfly. I shall treasure these blocks. And thanks to whoever added the sashing and sent along the "butterfly wings' fabric.

I hope all these will post OK. You have been so kind.

Thank you -- Mim

PS: my sis -- the oldest in the family is now doingOK
Attached Thumbnails blocks-ladies-rr-border-2017.jpg   lower-left-blocks.jpg   upper-left-blocks.jpg   upper-right-blocks.jpg   lower-right-blocks.jpg  

Old 03-07-2017, 07:16 PM

Thank you, Mim! I'm glad to know that you are ok and healthy, and your absence was only due to a sisterly visit. Sometimes I think I ought to 'go off the grid' and enjoy the pleasant life again as it was pre-internet. It seems like that was so relaxing in lots of ways.

I believe we all have our 'Robin' back home now! So, I want to thank you all for joining with me in this Round Robin adventure. You all showed your kindness and creativity during this activity. I appreciate you reading my initial post, your accepting my suggestions, your taking up the challenges, and your following through with your commitments. A Round Robin is truly a group project, and cannot be done another way. You all have been a great group! I'm grateful to have had the experience with you. Thanks again! :-)

PS. QB only let me give feedback to three people in a day, so I'll try to finish up with the others of you another day.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:50 PM

Thank you for keeping it all going for us!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:13 PM

My round robin is done and quilted!!! I used my stitch creator feature on my Pfaff to make the border stitch I used. It is 10 straight stitches and 2 small circles, 4 regular size circles and 2 more small circles. The solid black border at the edge gave me the perfect place to use kit. I love it!!! Thanks to all who worked on it!!!
Attached Thumbnails 201703089521022795hdr.jpg   201703089521030495hdr.jpg  
Old 03-08-2017, 07:21 PM

maryb119, Looks like you've got a great quilt there! I love the binding. Is that the same fabric you used for the back? That decorative stitch and the variegated thread both look like they were made for this quilt. Is it still going to your daughter? :-) It's a keeper!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:37 PM

Thank you! Yes the binding fabric is the left over fabric from the backing. I love playing with my machine and the black gave me a place to do that. Yes, my daughter is going to get it but not right away. I want to show it to the girls at work and to my sewing group. I love it!