Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15 >

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Old 12-26-2010, 06:30 AM

while I was sleeping last night (I do this alot lol) it occurred to me that we each need to decide on the orientation of our row(s) ie: horizontal or vertical? I would like my rows vertical because I am going to embroider a patch for the bottom of each row with each persons name, BN, and location. As far as where I want MY row located? anywhere is fine I'm not picky about mine being first or in the middle? So we need to make these kind of descisions and let our swap partners know what we'd like. I would suggest letting all of us know here on the board and also adding a note or a journal with the row. each person that wanted to add to anothers journal could and it would be like a little "history" of it's journey. Some people don't really like to write so you could just sign your name and put down "when" you received the row and "when" you sent the rows back out? Just a thought all ideas are welcome. Also I will be sending out an (1)autograph block (not really a block yet just fabric lol)for each person to sign It will be going on my finished quilt. Would you all like to do individual autograph blocks? basically with the big block for everyone to sign I would send 4 individual "blocks" also, that have my name, BN & location on it and each person would take one to keep and send the rest on with the big block and row? Any way just some things I thought about in my sleep. Some of the other groups are doing one or both and some are not.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:42 AM

here is my first block for my row, the second is cut out but not sewn yet, remember the swap is row specific 12.5 x 60.5 not block specific
Attached Thumbnails attachment-147886.jpe  
Old 12-26-2010, 07:43 AM

Okay, this is what I was thinking for my quilt. I am going to make one big siggy block in the shape of a suitcase for everyone to sign their real name, board name and location. I was also going to include a small journal for anyone who wished to write in (and I hope everyone wants to!). I will make small siggy block for everyone though to take as they receive my quilt. I think I will take all the small siggy block that are sent along and start a QAYG quilt and keep adding to it when I join more row/round robins. This way I will have a block with a list of everyone who added to this quilt and the start of a quilt with all my QB friends siggys! Anyway, this is just what I thought I'd do so that anyone who doesn't have the extra time and/or fabric to make individual siggy blocks will still have their name on my quilt. That is most important to me. Also, I would like to have my rows horizontally. I don't really care where on the quilt my row is. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:47 AM

Please let each person know when you mail and when you receive the rows. We should also decide if we want to insure the packages? I do think that delivery confirmation is something that should definetly be done on every package. If I'm "talking" to much just let me know, I tend to post when I think of something so I don't forget it lol.

P.S. as for me, I plan on insuring up to 3 rows for at least $100 and when I get 4 & 5 rows to mail, I will up the insurance to at least $150 - $200. so if it were to get lost it would at least cover the cost of the fabric replacement
Old 12-26-2010, 07:51 AM

awesome idea, I am making mine in the shape of leaves.
and I love your idea for the blocks :
I think I will take all the small siggy block that are sent along and start a QAYG quilt and keep adding to it when I join more row/round robins. This way I will have a block with a list of everyone who added to this quilt and the start of a quilt with all my QB friends siggys!

Originally Posted by craft phanatic
Okay, this is what I was thinking for my quilt. I am going to make one big siggy block in the shape of a suitcase for everyone to sign their real name, board name and location. I was also going to include a small journal for anyone who wished to write in (and I hope everyone wants to!). I will make small siggy block for everyone though to take as they receive my quilt. I think I will take all the small siggy block that are sent along and start a QAYG quilt and keep adding to it when I join more row/round robins. This way I will have a block with a list of everyone who added to this quilt and the start of a quilt with all my QB friends siggys! Anyway, this is just what I thought I'd do so that anyone who doesn't have the extra time and/or fabric to make individual siggy blocks will still have their name on my quilt. That is most important to me. Also, I would like to have my rows horizontally. I don't really care where on the quilt my row is. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:21 PM

Ok what is a siggy block and still not sure of row, which way and what for everyone to sign. so much to think about will decided in the next week. Ps. can you send pic of the siggy block.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:51 PM

I will try to get mine made tommorrow and show you, I put up my template for the holidays now I have to find it or remake it lol, if anyone has one already made could you post a pic of it?

Originally Posted by Robbi24
Ok what is a siggy block and still not sure of row, which way and what for everyone to sign. so much to think about will decided in the next week. Ps. can you send pic of the siggy block.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:09 PM

I was just going to wing it with mine which means I would probably use five yards of fabric to make a six inch block! Maybe a template is the way to go. I think quilters cashe has some and I think I remember links that were posted in the original thread. I'll have to go back and look again. I have three of my blocks done. I'll post picture wen I figure out how:-)
Old 12-26-2010, 06:15 PM

my neighbor has a tree with beautiful leaves, so I copied one and made a plastic template from it, I made a large one for all of our signatures and 4 small ones for me to send out my signatures

I was just going to wing it with mine which means I would probably use five yards of fabric to make a six inch block! Maybe a template is the way to go. I think quilters cashe has some and I think I remember links that were posted in the original thread. I'll have to go back and look again. I have three of my blocks done. I'll post picture wen I figure out how:-)
Old 12-26-2010, 06:15 PM

can't wait to see your blocks