Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15 >

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by craft phanatic
Shew! I thought mine would not be as nice because it was printed instead of stitched. I actually think they came out quite nice though with the different fonts! Look out Robbi.....here it comes! :lol:
Great maybe I'll do that too as my embroidery machine has been kind of cranky lately, I think it needs a good cleaning lol, and not able to at this time. Thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 05:02 PM

I was quite impressed with the printable fabric. I'm curious to see how a picture will come out on it.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:34 PM

just make sure you get the washable fabric, I picked up the dry clean only fabric, so I think I'm just going to pick up some freezer paper and do my own fabric
Originally Posted by Robbi24
Shew! I thought mine would not be as nice because it was printed instead of stitched. I actually think they came out quite nice though with the different fonts! Look out Robbi.....here it comes! :lol:
Great maybe I'll do that too as my embroidery machine has been kind of cranky lately, I think it needs a good cleaning lol, and not able to at this time. Thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 PM

aha, I finally found something to represent Australia!!!!!! it will be appliqued and embroidered but I FOUND SOMETHING lol,
So for the other ladies that will be getting Sarah's row, I plan on doing my row representing 4 of the "A" continents, Africa, Anarctica, Asia, Australia and the final one will be just "travel" in generalI will email pics to each of ya'll b4 I send it (of course I know, I have to get it first) Sarah would prefer to be surprised when she gets it, so I won't be posting any pictures of it here on the board just in PM's

Originally Posted by saritabee
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
k everyone, I am posting some pictures of some of the fabrics I have picked out for each of your rows, this may change as I start to see pics of the rows and of course if any of you think I may be heading in a direction you didn't intend to go just let me know, it won't hurt my feeling cause these are all just my perception of your themes. So be sure to give feedback on the choices, if you hate they're gone lol.

it's neat to see all the interpretations; jump-starts MY brain, too, thinking of what we might receive to work on down the line.
...and Australia has tropics! *grin*
Old 01-25-2011, 07:06 AM

is there anyone else who does NOT want to see their row b4 it comes back to them? Me, personally, I want to see mine as it progresses, I want the pictures so I can do a scrapbook of my very first Row Robin. Make sure you send a NOTE or add it to your JOURNAL if you DO NOT want to see your top as it progresses. Mailing time is getting close. Get with your "send to" partner to see if there are shipping preferences. My initial plan is to send in a small box with delivery confirmation, with minimum insurance. Some may want signature confirmation (if they have a problem with proper mail delivery), anyway don't forget to communicate with the one you are receiving from (ie: questions regarding the row you've just received), the one you are shipping to (ie: questions regarding the rows you are sending, any problems you had that might be an issue for others also) and of course the originator of the row that you are actually working on (ie: questions regarding the vision they have for their row or the direction they want it to go in) and ladies don't forget to read the journals and notes (if sent) reading first could save problems later lol. Also write in the journals or add notes, even if it's just your name. Sign the labels, if sent, if individual siggie blocks are sent, feel free to take ONE.
Happy Row sewing
Veronica
Short an Sweet

P.S. sorry I get so long winded, just excited that the real fun is fixing to begin lol
Old 01-25-2011, 07:22 AM

Okay, just walk out of PO. Get ready Robbi. Since it was my own row I just sent it with delivery conformation. I will get ins. on everyone else's row. I have to send my labels seperate because I looked and the printable fabric was dry clean only. I wanted Robbi to have it for the weekend so I just shipped the row and journal.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:34 PM

k I got my labels printed, just have finish the procedure to make them colorfast and washable

this is my "quilt" label, that I would like each of you to sign for me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168750[/ATTACH]

this is the label for each of you to keep, if you would like to, of course
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168752[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-168745.jpe   attachment-168747.jpe  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:54 PM

k I got my labels printed, just have finish the procedure to make them colorfast and washable
What procedure is that? I'll have to do that to mine.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:57 PM

I rebought mine today, because the ones I hd gotten were dry clean only, the new ones you have to Heat set with an iron and then rinse in cool water and lay flat to dry, dab up excess water and then heat iron again (no steam)and then they should be good to go, I have done step 1 will do the rest tomorrow
What procedure is that? I'll have to do that to mine.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:59 PM

I'll have to go get some washable kind too. I already sent my row. I told Robbi that I would send my siggy blocks seperately so she doesn't have to wait.