Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15 >

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Old 01-17-2011, 05:58 AM

Short&Sweet, here is a preview of the fabric for your row. Some of the colors are a little off, like the red is actually more muted than it looks and the orange is a little more orangey than it looks.

for S&S's row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162173[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-162168.jpe  
Old 01-17-2011, 05:59 AM

Love em they're beautiful
Originally Posted by craft phanatic
Short&Sweet, here is a preview of the fabric for your row. Some of the colors are a little off, like the red is actually more muted than it looks and the orange is a little more orangey than it looks.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:01 AM

I think it looks like the red and green I got will be a good match, I'll know better when it gets to me
Originally Posted by Robbi24
Hi here is a pic of my first block (hope it works) there will be two of these, facing each other. Working on the two pieced cardinals (so cute) have to applica them :l
Old 01-18-2011, 05:32 AM

Don't forget, even if you're not doing a journal, if you want borders on your rows you need to send the fabric, precut and ready to put on. If you don't want your rows sewn together, just sent by individual rows, please send a note regarding that also. If a journal is sent with a row, please read it, that is where the wishes for their rows will be.

I haven't decided if I am doing borders at this point, but my journal does state the orientation (vertical) that I would like for my rows. I am going to space the blocks out, with borders, on my design wall, next week and try to figure out the border question.

I know craftphanatic is ready to mail, and I also will be ready to mail on the first. Don't forget you have until the 15th, so if you need a little more time, make sure you let the person you are sending to know (by PM) and if you would drop me a line and let me know also.

Happy Sewing
hope you all have a great week
Old 01-18-2011, 06:24 AM

Oops, forgot all about buying a journal! Better get on that. As long as we don't get more snow or ice dumped on us here on the first, I will be mailing mine then.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:12 PM

Ok ladies what do you consider a journal to be and what size so I can get one also. Working a lot and I lost one of my fabrics (----) I think the gremlins took it, lol, going to LQS tomorrow as I have a class called Christmas Pickles (what was I thinking) so I will pick up more of the green then and will sew over the weekend and will be ready to finish Tues on my sewing day. (Hopefully) ha ha.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:16 PM

I just bought a small notebook, even a little spiral will work, I know some people don't really like to write, so just your name and when you worked on the row is fine, but if you have a suggestion for the next person, you could write that down in the book, or if you wanted to send a message to me, you could write that in there. lol just remember each person will be reading it. Also put any instructions in there that you want passed on. Some may only put a note on their row with directions as far as placement and what not. no hard and fast rule
Ok ladies what do you consider a journal to be and what size so I can get one also. Working a lot and I lost one of my fabrics (----) I think the gremlins took it, lol going to LQS tomorrow as I have a class called Chrismas Pickles (what was I thinking) so I will pick up more of the green then and will sew over the weekend and will be ready to finish Tues on my sewing day. (Hopefully) ha ha.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:13 PM

well, hopefully I can get my embroidery machine to work right tomorrow (my bobbin keeps jamming up), so I can get my labels made, I am going to remake the one block and then put my row together, would it be a pain for everyone if I sent the precut fabric for a border around my "blocks" instead of my just my rows? Of course if you're only doing 1 block for the row (12.5 X 60) then you would only add the border along the top and bottom lol.
anyway just let me know what ya'll think
Old 01-20-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
well, hopefully I can get my embroidery machine to work right tomorrow (my bobbin keeps jamming up), so I can get my labels made, I am going to remake the one block and then put my row together, would it be a pain for everyone if I sent the precut fabric for a border around my "blocks" instead of my just my rows? Of course if you're only doing 1 block for the row (12.5 X 60) then you would only add the border along the top and bottom lol.
not sure what this means (and I am tired now) but write it in the journal and maybe draw a pic of it so it makes sense, of course I will not recieve your row first so that will help (did any of this make sense?) lol
Old 01-20-2011, 07:40 PM

yes it made sense, and all I was doing was asking all of ya'll's permission to put more work on ya'll by adding border between the blocks and between the rows also, lol ya'll think about it for a while we have till the 15th. Get some sleep and have an awesome weekend!!

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
not sure what this means (and I am tired now) but write it in the journal and maybe draw a pic of it so it makes sense, of course I will not recieve your row first so that will help (did any of this make sense?) lol