Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15 >

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Old 01-13-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
Kewl, can't wait to see it, I'm having problems with my last block but I think the light bulb in my head finally clicked tonight, so tommorrow I will try again, tommorrow is an ALL paper piece day. PP for my last block, PP for the BOM, PP for "Quilting in the New Year" swap and lastly PP for the Funky Chicken swap. Oughta be a fun (frustrating) day lol
(it will also be my first time to try, I mean "DO" PP)
Originally Posted by craft phanatic
I don't have anything specific to post....just wanted to bump up our thread! I hope everyone is getting right along with their rows.

S&S- I picked out the fabric for your rows. I'm at work now but I will take a pic tomorrow and post it for you to see. Happy sewing!
whats the funcky chicken swap look like, I like chickens and what kind of journal are you sending and size
Old 01-13-2011, 04:33 PM

Whats the funcky chicken swap look like, I like chickens
Here is a link to it
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-86450-1.htm
Old 01-13-2011, 04:48 PM

Today I started on my first paper pieced block! So far, so good. It is the mystery block from the Paper Panache site. I wanted to get practice in case I want to add that to anyones row.

S&S, I forgot to take a pic of your fabric. I even remember standing there looking at it this morning and it never crossed my mind to take a pic of it! I must have been to mezmerized by it to think! Will try to remember tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:00 PM

[quote=Short an Sweet]Hi saritabee, I believe I will be getting your row first, can you give me some ideas of what you'd like to see on your rows? lol and if you could post pics of the row you do, that would be awesome, I've already started "window" shopping for fabrics for yours I just wanted your input b4 I purchase.

I was pretty much just leaving mine open to any interpretation on the theme... and it can get pretty broad, I think, depending on how you look at it!
I got distracted with some family stuff and haven't even started my row yet, but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to do wonky-set blocks with silhouettes of well-known landmarks I've been to, incorporating some nice antique-y brown map/journal fabric into the background of the row.
I'm also fairly positive I want sashing between the rows (so they don't all have to be matchy-match; someone else mentioned that and I thought it was a great idea). I'm thinking I might even have everyone leave the rows separate so I can pick a coordinating sashing once they're all done.
I need to check and see whose RR I'm getting first crack at! :)
Old 01-14-2011, 06:02 PM

Well we have had a name for our group suggested by craft phanatic, so we just need to get a vote on it

MEMORY MAKERS

Let me know what ya'll think
late for the vote, but I agree it's an awesome name. We should make sure it's on all the signature blocks, too! :)
Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by craft phanatic
Okay, gonna try posting a pic of my row. It's from my phone so it may not be a good one.
your colors are gorgeous! they flow very well.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:05 PM

""also we need to know if there is anyone in our group that DOES NOT want to see pictures of their rows? If you want to be totally surprised when your rows come back, let us know here and send a note with your row to not post pics. Happy New Year!! ""

I was just thinking about this the other day; I'd much rather not see any photos of mine until it's all done.
Or people could just post pics with a big spoiler warning, like for book reviews, and I'll avert my eyes. *grin* ...and that way nobody else misses out on any planning time.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:10 PM

Also if someone doesn't want to see their row, we can PM the pictures to the other members of the group?
Originally Posted by saritabee
""also we need to know if there is anyone in our group that DOES NOT want to see pictures of their rows? If you want to be totally surprised when your rows come back, let us know here and send a note with your row to not post pics. Happy New Year!! ""

I was just thinking about this the other day; I'd much rather not see any photos of mine until it's all done.
Or people could just post pics with a big spoiler warning, like for book reviews, and I'll avert my eyes. *grin* ...and that way nobody else misses out on any planning time.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:12 PM

k everyone, I am posting some pictures of some of the fabrics I have picked out for each of your rows, this may change as I start to see pics of the rows and of course if any of you think I may be heading in a direction you didn't intend to go just let me know, it won't hurt my feeling cause these are all just my perception of your themes. So be sure to give feedback on the choices, if you hate they're gone lol.

it's neat to see all the interpretations; jump-starts MY brain, too, thinking of what we might receive to work on down the line.
...and Australia has tropics! *grin*
Old 01-14-2011, 06:14 PM

yes the signature blocks I am sending will be 4.5 x4.5 unfinished and the label I am sending will be 6.5 x6.5 unfinished
so the intention is to send a big block, which will have room for everyone's info on it, to use as a label on the back, and then also send four "regular" siggies, and each person will keep one?