Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15 >
  • Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

• Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Old 01-04-2011, 06:15 PM

Hello, busy, busy, busy due to the way things happened and that my newish job has really picked up, I took longer to get organized. I didn't find my fabric I had in mind so off to my LQS and of course they did not have what I wanted. I did find something like it, but not really white or gold more cream (not tan) red and lighter greens than I though, so hopefully no one will be upset but I love them, soooo now I am getting fabric wsshed and sewing here I come (lol).
    Old 01-04-2011, 07:35 PM

can't wait to see some of your row blocks,
    I went shopping at the after Christmas sales for the fabrics for your row lol I even have patterns picked out if my skills can handle them of course lol.
    I'm going to work on my 2nd block tomorrow so you're really not behind
    Originally Posted by Robbi24
    Hello, busy, busy, busy due to the way things happened and that my newish job has really picked up, I took longer to get organized. I didn't find my fabric I had in mind so off to my LQS and of course they did not have what I wanted. I did find something like it, but not really white or gold more cream (not tan) red and lighter greens than I though, so hopefully no one will be upset but I love them, soooo now I am getting fabric wsshed and sewing here I come (lol).
    Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 PM

Robbi24, I have some awesome fabric for your row. I have quite a while to wait though because yours is the last one I will get. I can't wait to see some pics of your blocks! Oh yeah, what do you think of the name Memory Makers for our group? Have fun sewing tomorrow!
    Old 01-05-2011, 06:42 PM

Hello, went sewing yesterday but worked on a gift due in two weeks,just doing the binding now. Off on Friday and as I do wash I will be cutting out my blocks. I like the name Memory Makers too. well off to finish a few chores then to bed.
    Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 PM

k everyone, I am posting some pictures of some of the fabrics I have picked out for each of your rows, this may change as I start to see pics of the rows and of course if any of you think I may be heading in a direction you didn't intend to go just let me know, it won't hurt my feeling cause these are all just my perception of your themes. So be sure to give feedback on the choices, if you hate they're gone lol.

these are the 5 main focal fabrics for saritabee, I was trying for the five A continents but I couldn't find anything for Australia, so that one got switched to the Tropics for now lol
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]155248[/ATTACH]

these are for Robbi24, I got a quilt block book at the used book store that had the coolest patterns for Christmas blocks
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]155250[/ATTACH]

these are for craft phanatic, hopefully once I see her row in person the colors won't clash lol
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]155251[/ATTACH]

and last but certainly not least, these are for booklady, hers I plan to do traditional patches, maybe some 9 patch and maybe some "underground RR blocks
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]155253[/ATTACH]

oops, I forgot the fabrics for mine
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]155254[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-155243.jpe   attachment-155245.jpe   attachment-155246.jpe   attachment-155248.jpe   attachment-155249.jpe  

Old 01-07-2011, 07:02 PM

Oh my what beautiful fabrics, I plan to pick out ideas for rows but wait to see colors before I get them. I did get different fabric, not really gold, but those may go with the colors I do have. Work and kids cause me to be really busy but fabric washed, patterns obtained and will sew after the tree goes down this weekend. Plus the kids will all be back to school and quiet here again.
    Old 01-07-2011, 07:50 PM

I won't be making any of the rows till I receive them so anything that doesnt blend well, will be changed.

Oh my what beautiful fabrics, I plan to pick out ideas for rows but wait to see colors before I get them. I did get different fabric, not really gold, but those may go with the colors I do have. Work and kids cause me to be really busy but fabric washed, patterns obtained and will sew after the tree goes down this weekend. Plus the kids will all be back to school and quiet here again.
    Old 01-08-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by craft phanatic
    Okay, this is what I was thinking for my quilt. I am going to make one big siggy block in the shape of a suitcase for everyone to sign their real name, board name and location. I was also going to include a small journal for anyone who wished to write in (and I hope everyone wants to!). I will make small siggy block for everyone though to take as they receive my quilt. I think I will take all the small siggy block that are sent along and start a QAYG quilt and keep adding to it when I join more row/round robins. This way I will have a block with a list of everyone who added to this quilt and the start of a quilt with all my QB friends siggys! Anyway, this is just what I thought I'd do so that anyone who doesn't have the extra time and/or fabric to make individual siggy blocks will still have their name on my quilt. That is most important to me. Also, I would like to have my rows horizontally. I don't really care where on the quilt my row is. I hope everyone has a great day!
    Hi what is QAYG mean? I will be sending something for everyone to sign and hopefully save for a QAYG (maybe if I understand ths right) I plan to send a small journal for everyone to write in and kee to use in my future RR (hows that for encouragement ha ha)
    Hi what size are the siggy blocks you are sending I thought mine will be the size 4x4 mabe to put in quilt squares. (maybe still working on it)
    Old 01-08-2011, 06:06 PM

That was the size I was going to send also. 4x4 as a finished size that is! It doesn't matter to me though what size I receive, I will just add to it to make it the size I need. Send whatever is easiest for you. =)
    Old 01-08-2011, 07:02 PM

yes the signature blocks I am sending will be 4.5 x4.5 unfinished and the label I am sending will be 6.5 x6.5 unfinished