Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15 >

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Old 01-01-2011, 05:28 PM

Sorry, I forgot to post earlier:-( I don't mind seeing pics of my row and I think the first if the month it is due for sending is good for me. Making a pattern for my siggy block and then I will be ready to send! Happy sewing
Old 01-02-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by craft phanatic
Okay, this is what I was thinking for my quilt. I am going to make one big siggy block in the shape of a suitcase for everyone to sign their real name, board name and location. I was also going to include a small journal for anyone who wished to write in (and I hope everyone wants to!). I will make small siggy block for everyone though to take as they receive my quilt. I think I will take all the small siggy block that are sent along and start a QAYG quilt and keep adding to it when I join more row/round robins. This way I will have a block with a list of everyone who added to this quilt and the start of a quilt with all my QB friends siggys! Anyway, this is just what I thought I'd do so that anyone who doesn't have the extra time and/or fabric to make individual siggy blocks will still have their name on my quilt. That is most important to me. Also, I would like to have my rows horizontally. I don't really care where on the quilt my row is. I hope everyone has a great day!
Hi what is QAYG mean? I will be sending something for everyone to sign and hopefully save for a QAYG (maybe if I understand ths right) I plan to send a small journal for everyone to write in and kee to use in my future RR (hows that for encouragement ha ha)
Old 01-02-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
Well we have had a name for our group suggested by craft phanatic, so we just need to get a vote on it

MEMORY MAKERS

Let me know what ya'll think
Hi I think this is a great name espically for us newbies
Old 01-02-2011, 04:05 PM

Q quilt A as Y you G go

I am also going to send a journal, wouldnt it be cool if we could travel WITH our rows lol

Originally Posted by Robbi24
Okay, this is what I was thinking for my quilt. I am going to make one big siggy block in the shape of a suitcase for everyone to sign their real name, board name and location. I was also going to include a small journal for anyone who wished to write in (and I hope everyone wants to!). I will make small siggy block for everyone though to take as they receive my quilt. I think I will take all the small siggy block that are sent along and start a QAYG quilt and keep adding to it when I join more row/round robins. This way I will have a block with a list of everyone who added to this quilt and the start of a quilt with all my QB friends siggys! Anyway, this is just what I thought I'd do so that anyone who doesn't have the extra time and/or fabric to make individual siggy blocks will still have their name on my quilt. That is most important to me. Also, I would like to have my rows horizontally. I don't really care where on the quilt my row is. I hope everyone has a great day!
Hi what is QAYG mean? I will be sending something for everyone to sign and hopefully save for a QAYG (maybe if I understand ths right) I plan to send a small journal for everyone to write in and kee to use in my future RR (hows that for encouragement ha ha)
Old 01-02-2011, 04:08 PM

We just need to hear from the last 2, b4 we decide on anything final. I figure everyone will have checked back in by next weekend, just wanna give people time to settle into their normal lives again lol

Originally Posted by Robbi24
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
Well we have had a name for our group suggested by craft phanatic, so we just need to get a vote on it

MEMORY MAKERS

Let me know what ya'll think
Hi I think this is a great name espically for us newbies
Old 01-02-2011, 05:16 PM

the only thing I'm waiting on, to do my signature block, is our final group name, my plan is: (I don't know if it will actually stay centered up on the page but...imagine the below centered lol)

Row Robin 2011
"NAME"
Group 15

Row 1 - Veronica Ulrich - Short an Sweet - Manvel, Texas
Row 2 " " "
Row 3 " " "
Row 4 " " "
Row 5 " " "

once I get it back it will be cut into a leaf shape and the edges will be painted with my fabric oils (Shiva paintsticks)

Sorry, I forgot to post earlier:-( I don't mind seeing pics of my row and I think the first if the month it is due for sending is good for me. Making a pattern for my siggy block and then I will be ready to send! Happy sewing
Old 01-02-2011, 05:40 PM

I think I will do the same for mine. What type of fabric are you using? I was thinking muslin but I'm worried that it will be too thin.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:43 PM

I'm using a beige cotton and I'm going to back it with some iron on stabilizer to keep it firm, haven't decided whether to send a paint pen or a fine tip sharpie.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:16 AM

That sounds like a great idea. I don't think I will send any pens along. I don't want something to happen and ink run everywhere. Everyone can just use what they have or write their info in the journal and I'll write it in when the quilt comes home to momma!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:50 AM

lol good idea, I didn't think of that

That sounds like a great idea. I don't think I will send any pens along. I don't want something to happen and ink run everywhere. Everyone can just use what they have or write their info in the journal and I'll write it in when the quilt comes home to momma!