Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10 >

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10

Old 11-24-2012, 04:38 AM

After seeing Sherry's comments, I can hardly wait to see it in person! Yvonne, maybe you should teach some classes. How do you plan to use this quilt--hang it for display or what?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:35 AM

Teach classes? No, no confidence for that. What you don't see when you look at the quilt is ALL THE RIPPING!!!!! I only know if it's wrong and then I keep doing it over until it looks the way I want. That's not talent, it's perseverance and I do have lots of that. I plan on using it when it's done...the fun for me was in the making which is how I want it to be for all of you. That way I'll constantly be reminded of you all when I snuggle under it to do handwork in the evenings and watch TV. I can say, WOW!...this was done by Barbara in Mississippi and Sherry in Kansas and Mary in Indiana and Jane in California!!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:38 PM

Yvonne, I am a little nervous because I get yours next but I am just going to do the best I can and know that I can't compete with that. You are such an artist.

My design is coming together. I had to stop the past two days and do some stuff for some other family members but I did get what I think will be the center of my row done. It may take me more than one shot to get this right but I am trying to post from photobucket.

I am not sure if I want to be at the top, center or bottom. I am sashing mine with a fabric I will send a sample of. Would it be okay to either just baste the rows together or keep them separate so that I can decided? Maybe I should just wing it and take the hand I am dealt. I am sure it will be wonderful either way. I will probably mail at the very end unless I can get to the PO on Friday.

Mary
Old 11-25-2012, 02:36 PM

Mary, this looks great! I get your row first and am anxious to start planning. We'll do whatever you want as to sewing it together.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:48 PM

mimim, I am a little surprised at how it is coming together. I didn't expect to have so much black and red in it but I love what I have so far. I just finished another block but no picture.

The thing I want people to remember is that I sew. I never call myself a quilter because I think quilters are artists. I enjoy sewing and I actually love garment construction. I am just an old fashioned sewer (say "so-er", not "su-er"! LOL).

I am hoping I end up with more color and just black accents but it is what it is.

I also wanted to say that after looking at pictures of row quilts I am really okay with rows that are shorter or taller than 12 1/2" I love the look of the varied height. Everyone just do what speaks to you and I will love it.

Mary
Old 11-25-2012, 04:44 PM

Goodness, I LOVE the little lady at the sewing machine! Is it embroidered? appliqued? or a print ? Whatever, I love it!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:53 PM

She is embroidered. I like her, too. I wanted to do her in color but that wasn't working out and with the time crunch I put myself in I stuck with the black. I think she looks elegant. She will be offset by the selvage block I am working on! LOL
Old 11-25-2012, 09:45 PM

Gorgeous MaryLane. You ladies are killing me. Such beautiful work. I think I will have everyone leave the rows unattached with my row. How do you feel about each of you doing the feelers and body or head on my butterflies or would you rather have one person do them all?
I know someone has volunteered to do mine, because I do not know how to embroider.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 AM

Yvonne, I know what I am going to do. I have been sketching it out. Yeah!!! Surprise, surprise!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:17 AM

I LOVE surprises ... and I know I'll be delighted! This certainly was "outside my box" but I loved the challenge.
Just have fun!

In re to your butterflies ... if you want them unattached that's what we'll do ... just remind us. By the by, i I would be more than happy to use your handkerchiefs if that's what you prefer or I'd be more than happy to look here and see what I can find. Need to know, are your handkerchiefs cotton (?), polyester (?), silky(?), lacy(?). floral (?) and do you have a preference? Have access to a large flea market and two antique malls so "the looking" is no problem. I don't mind embroidering my own at all. Also, are yours all the same size???? ( know you specified you wanted 13 1/2" backgrounds) and, if so, what size do you prefer?