Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10 >

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10

Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Hello all - - -

I'm still here! I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I think my worst character defect is procrastination. My blocks are made up of six inch blocks and I have most of them already finished - - - just have to put them together into 12 inch blocks (12 1/2" unfinished, but you knew that. lol).

Yvonne, I will get them finished and in the mail tomorrow. Plz let me know when you receive it.

Barbara, my row for your quilt is coming along! Would you like to see pictures or do you want to be surprised?? If the latter, then I'll give you hints. hehehehe - - -

As I scrolled through recent posts, I am enjoying what I'm seeing and am glad to be amongst such a talented group.

I'm going to grab a cup of coffee and get back to sewing. Have a great day!

Jane
Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 PM

Sherry - - - please send hankies. I do NOT have embroidery skills so would not want to distroy your quilt blocks by any attempts on my part. Someone in our group - maybe Mary??? offered to embroider the extra features on the butterflies. I will defer to someoe elses skills.

Mary - - - I have my ideas pretty well set for your row. Looking forward to it.

Yvonne - - - I found a picture of a quilt right at the same time this whole project was getting started. When you shared your theme with the group, I immediately knew what I was going to do. Can't wait to do your row!

Okay. Now I'm going to my sewing machine!

Jane
Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM

Wasn't me that offered. I do embroider but I prefer machine work to hand work. I will do my own row and send on the others.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:38 PM

My hankies are 100 % cotton. The middle one in my row is chiffon. I prefer lacy and embroidered. I put that in my little book. My blocks are 13 1/2 tall, but vary in width. I cut the row down to equal 67 1/2" long, which is the same as 5 blocks that are 13 1/2" square.
I would wait until you get a row and see what you think would look nice with it. I purchased some cute cat fabric and then I received ctipton's row and her cats are so much bigger than the cats in the fabric I purchased. I am trying to figure out how to use the fabric.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:47 PM

Well, I drew things today and started making templates. We will see if I can execute my plan. I have drawn things from different fabrics and blocks I have. If all else fails, I do have a backup plan. LOL
Old 11-26-2012, 02:51 PM

MaryLane, I went to 2 different quilt shows recently. I found the perfect block for the center of your row, when I work on your row.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:17 PM

It seems like everyone has ideas that sound great.
Sherry, I can embroider if you want - I get your rows in Feb.
Jane, post pictures if you want. I'm sure I will love whatever you do.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:08 PM

Yvonne - -

My quilt blocks on their way to you! I used your street address AND the PO box. Hope it gets there okay. Plz let me know when you receive the package.

To the group - -- is anyone else doing Bonnie Hunters' 'Easy Street' mystery? I'm doing it and there is a thread on the QB site. Just curious - - -

Jane
Old 11-28-2012, 11:34 AM

Jane....yeah! Thanks for adding the PO box to the address...small town so I use a box and they request both the physical address and the PO box to be used as the full address ... great to live in the country but some find it humerous to plow down mailboxes in the winter. Currently in the library using their computers as mine is unhooked temporarily while my son puts down a new floor so just got your message. Will definitely let you know when I receive your package! My notes are all at home but as I remember you wanted white on white background and 1930's prints and you said all colors were fine but you did not want any embroidery ... is that right?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 PM

Yvonne - -

Exactly! I included a little journal and a label with my blocks. It's all in the journal.

Jane