Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 12-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
Susie - when you mention the stars you need to be holding the ceramic rolling pin Then they really listen
You are sooooo right!

I'm tired...I don't think that Dad's lap quilt is going to be quilted...He may get it without the quilting and I'll finish it on the 26th...My husband isn't going to get the special pillowcase for his new feather pillow either...but that is because the fabric hasn't arrived yet. Don't know if I am supposed to blame the mail or UPS or the person that didn't send the fabric out in a timely fashion. I ordered some of the Three Stooges fabric online...thought it would be kinda cool for him.

Besides, I think my fibro is kicking me in the butt...I'm shutting this down and heading to bed....nitey nite.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:58 AM

Well ladies, Its Christmas eve. And the party has wanned by most but the very faithful. I know, I've been in transist and tired from staying up to late spending time with my daughter. But after christmas things will go back to normal. But, it looks like we could use a christmas carol or two. Dreamer are you still here. You are the queen of carols. And maybe some hot chocolate. And definitely christmas cookies. And (Fudge huh, huh, maybe, Please.) It has been such a special few months sharing the lead up to christmas with all of you. Thank you. Whatever you celebrate....Happy Holidays.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:28 AM

Hey, Judith, Merry Christmas! I still have some snickerdoodles left, and a couple coconut macaroons (my personal favorite). I don't have anything I HAVE to do today. This is the first year EVER for that. DD is having Christmas at her house. I will make some stuff to take over for hors'ouvres and for dinner, but not till tomorrow morning. It will be nice to have a quiet evening reading and drinking wine. DDIL & DGD are coming over after lunch to use my oven to make Christmas cookies.
I will miss all this when it slowly drops off the radar. Well, you guys can always come over to my blog "Grannof6 quilting with animals". I just wish they (QB) can get the problem fixed that we can post pictures on blogs.
It has been so much fun making all these new friends here, and having all the campouts and parties.

Merry Christmas to all!!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:17 AM

Hi Grann and Judith. I am waiting for my ds and family to come by and then we head to Indy to pick up DD at the airport and visit with my mom and siblings. Son is heading to his in laws and so we won't have the kids together but at least we get to spend time with them both. I am taking my laptop so I will check in later. Have a great day.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:22 AM

Jolly Old Saint Nicholas

Jolly old Saint Nicholas,
Lean your ear this way!
Don't you tell a single soul
What I'm going to say;
Christmas Eve is coming soon;
Now, you dear old man,
Whisper what you'll bring to me;
Tell me if you can.

When the clock is striking twelve,
When I'm fast asleep,
Down the chimney broad and black,
With your pack you'll creep;
All the stockings you will find
Hanging in a row;
Mine will be the shortest one,
You'll be sure to know.

Johnny wants a pair of skates;
Susy wants a dolly;
Nellie wants a story book;
She thinks dolls are folly;
As for me, my little brain
Isn't very bright;
Choose for me, old Santa Claus,
What you think is right.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:32 AM

Well, I just weakened and ordered my Christmas present to myself. It comes Tuesday!!!! WooHoo!!!! I will be able to do my laundry in style!!! My washer is almost 14 years old and the agitator doesn't agitate to its fullest capabilities. So I ordered my "dream machine", a Kenmore Elite top loader with one of those new fangled agitator-less thingies in the middle. It also uses a lot less water and washes more at a time than my "dinosaur". I am paying them to install it for me. I am sure I could find a son to do it, but I would have to wait till who knows when, so this way I know all the parts are here and it is done right. Last Christmas I got a new garbage disposal, so I am keeping with the trend. I remember one year as a kid, my dad coming to me to wrap a gift he got my mother. He was so proud of himself. Well, I looked at the box and was "aghast"! It was an electric frying pan. My mother did such a good job of pretending to be thrilled.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Grann I use to get those types of presents for birthday it was the only way to get the new appliances I needed ****rolling my eyes****
Old 12-24-2011, 07:50 AM

At least they were presents. My husband REFUSED to shop for me. He would tell me to go buy what I wanted and he would pay for it. One year I came home from work with him all excited that the next day, my day off, he was taking me to pick up my Christmas present. We ended up going to 3 different malls till we found a store that had a pizzelle iron in stock. I had always wanted one so that was what I got. Every year I would ask him to surprise me, but he would not do it. So one year after he passed away, I splurged and bought myself a ruby ring (my birthstone). He would have had a fit. I always asked for one and he said they were too much money. So now it is MY MONEY! And I can spend it MY way.

Oh, DGD just called to ask if the grandpuppies can come over for a playdate. Then while on the phone DDIL asked if I have flour. Whose cookies are these anyway that she is making???? The grandpuppies are Roger, a mixed breed with a tiny touch of pit bull in him, 10 months old. And Klaus is a mixed breed with the hair of a hairy German Shepard, he is 2. Heidi loves them, Gus is getting better with them.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

LOL Grann I went and picked out what I wanted he just paid for it- but I still have that last dryer "he" bought for me You must be a July baby ? I have ruby rings also - one year I was very generous with myself and even bought a 1/2 carat round diamond - knew he could never get those back in the divorce, which he found out later
Old 12-24-2011, 08:22 AM

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five-and-ten, glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
Toys in ev'ry store,
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door.

A pair of hopalong boots and a pistol that shoots
Is the wish of Barney and Ben;
Dolls that will talk and will go for a walk
Is the hope of Janice and Jen;
And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
There's a tree in the Grand Hotel, one in the park as well,
The sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start,
And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart.