Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Wow ladies! What a plethora of adorable summer quilts! I love them!
    Agree and double agree. Great eye candy showing up here. Everyone on this board has such talent!! I am inspired every single day.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    My partners should be getting theirs today according to postal confirmations. Anxious to see how they respond.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Sure, the storms and power outages over in the eastern side of country have delayed in them responding on their quilts. But I do know that handi likes hers and reported she received it and starshine reported that house is shut down from no power and post office said arrived so will hear shortly I am sure. Probably sitting in mailbox just waiting for her. Starshine reported no damage to house just no power but she will be checking in on it.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

WOWZERS! A bunch more wonderful little DQs! I can hardly stand it! Everyone is so talented! Keep it up!

Junior Member Happy Cat Quilter's Avatar
    Great job, Just A Quilter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
    Here is my Quilt from Just a Quilter ( Connie).. It's gold, cream and dark brown... really pretty... have the perfect table for it...She machine quilted it...
    Linda

Blog Entries
    needlegrammy, i'm sorry to have missed you! i'm sure your mind was on other things! i will pm my phone and address. we will be away a week in august, hope that's not when you'll be here! it's my only planned trip all year!
    my dear sister lives in dc and has been without power since friday or saturday last. her street is closed off with crime scene tape, probably all they had , due to a large tree that took down the wires with its fall. they are spending alot of time on the front porch. we rec'd only rain.
    haven't heard from my july partners yet but since this is a big vacation week, i'll just assume they are off vacating. i'm finishing up a tumbler quilt and have plenty more things to work on, so i'll keep busy til i hear from them.

and of course, i must say the new quilts to have come in are Gorgeous! the fun just keeps on coming!! lovely work by all!
    Last edited by nancia; 07-04-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
    Well, Krystyna, Lara was probably laughing at us thinking it involved chickens. It's a gorgeous broderie perse appliqué of a female cardinal. Because I grew up where cardinals were seldom found, I just love to see them now. And a beautiful fall themed panel. I am a very lucky and happy girl.

Kris I am so happy that you liked the quilt I made for you! Also, I'm very impressed with your knowledge of quilt history! I had to look up "Broderie perse appliqué". When I made the quilt, it was more like "Ooohhh, look at the pretty rust colored roses!" LOL! I was trying to incorporate the color rust for you and also the cardinal is your state bird, but i thought it was about time a gal cardinal got her share of the spotlight. I printed her out on fabric and then used watercolored pencils and permanent ink to color and feather her. And the fall themed panel is all flowers and leaves from our garden. You were a wonderful partner Kris and I love the Mountain Dreams quilt you sent to me!!!

You are right, I did get a lot of chuckles over the chicken guesses! The poem did sound like it would be a hen.

We were gone over the last 7 days, helping my daughter move from NY city to NC and get settled in, in the midst of violent storms and scorching heat. It hit 112 degrees one day! Now that we are home again, we're too pooped to toot. But North Carolina is SO BEAUTIFUL! My daughter is going to love living there!

I missed all the beautful quilts as they were featured here. Each of you did a beautiful job! I'd had a sneak preview of Lynn's (sewbeadit) and knew needlegrammy was in for a wonderful treat! It's so fun reading everyone's reaction to their quilts... it's like you give each other a little "Christmas" each month!
    What I love best is seeing how very different everyone's quilt is and all the lovely ways people came up with making a summer themed quilt! What a talented and fun group of ladies there are here!
    My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

Lara

Lara, that is a wonderful quilt you made. Just beautiful. I have been loving seeing all of them come in, are there more to come yet? I am going to go check out what exactly Broderie perse applique is so that I can be an informed quilter! Will probably forget it by tomorrow though,lol.
    Sewbeadit
    Montesano, Washington

I just mailed out my doll quilt to my partner on Tuesday. I am sorry for the delay. My mother passes away at 91. I was away for 2 weeks, and then we had Hurricane/Tropical Storm Debby visit. I received my doll quilt for June, and just love it. I do like this swap. Thank you! Cuppy

Cuppy I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. May many happy memories bring you much comfort.
    My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

Lara

Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast