Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts

me? not clean? I showered, washed my feet and even get this brushed my teeth too. you silly girl you have me confused with someone else!

I think we are nearing the end. sigh. life as we know it will change forever. sitting down and going nuts with fabric.. oh joy. I went on google typed in crazy quilts went to images. The pictures were consistantly unattractive. What happened to beautiful crazy quilts? the victorian quilts were NOT seriously ugly like those pictured. When did it go from art to .. slap it all together? seriously I am curious.. I have never made a wonky star got confused trying to read the pattern for them (ok its wonky why do you need a pattern? it looks like you sure didnt use one).. it was something I had best watch a video on youtube for as I couldnt get it. maybe I picked a hard pattern. so I am in still for a wonky chicken or a crazy cat if i have my druthers. or a pig or dog or .. patriotic turkey.. something..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Wow..beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by pbadder View Post
    Here is what I have so far. I know crazy in a way but color coordinated.Attachment 410223

I have just signed up for this swap, my first DQ. I just did a small crazy quilt for Easter so I feel somewhat confident, but I am a new quilter so who knows?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Your crazy quilt egg is great! Looks like you've got the idea quite nicely...looking forward to seeing your DQ.

I just picked up some fabric and embellishments for the doll quilt. This is the perfect excuse for me to break out the metallic thread, right? LOL

Blog Entries
    Bilben, love the crazy egg!

And my darling, if occasionally confused doll quilt cuties (you know who you are) ... THAT is a fine example of what a crazy quilt is!

If you need to know how to do one, just Google "How to Make a Crazy Quilt". They are sooooo simple. And no, you do not need a lot of embellishments or fancy fabrics. Any doodads or buttons you have on hand are good. Just start with a five sided piece and build from there. You can do it! I know you can!!!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    I've been thinking about this for months now ... this swap is called the Doll Quilt swap, but I'm sort of wondering if we should change the name to the Mini Quilt Swap ... but not until we hit the 50th swap some months away. Any thoughts?
    Krystyna

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    I don't think so many DQ's (and yes, calling them Mini's would be more accurate) have been started so early before. Wow. These beauties ought to be hitting the post office by the end of next week! Just need to sew on a few "things" to mine and it's ready to go off. Maybe we need next month's theme so we can all get a jump on that one as well.

Blog Entries
    Ohhhh, Nancy! Another sweet photo of your little angel. Awwwww!

Next month will be "Home" ... a variation on the Show Us Where You Live theme that Chele did.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    am in for May yeaaaa
    The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want..... for anything

Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 64 ... LastLast