Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 323

Thread: Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012

  1. #141
    Super Member Evie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,186
    Blog Entries
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    many of us use sandwich baggies to put our individual sets in. some of us use the clear plastic jewelry bags from craft stores to put our sets in. either way is fine. i have found that around $3.30-$3.60 is a good estimate for the sase return postage. i have taken my sase with baggies to the post office before to have them weighed and that is about near what the postage is. i am trying to include just a bit more over what the usps estimate is to account for the different size baggies used and the weight of the various fabrics. i hope this answers your questions.

    cmon and join us. you know you want to.
    I do the same thing -- put my baggies into the SASE, have the clerk apply the appropriate stamps with a bit extra, then put the whole thing into a larger envelope addressed to Mariposa. My SASE fits perfectly into the largest Priority Mail Tyvek envelope.

    BTW, Honchey, 30 is the maximum number to swap, but if you want you can do less. This is the first swap where the number was increased to 30. Prior swaps had a maximum of 20. I think Mariposa is a glutton for punishment, that's why she upped the ante. Come join us!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

  2. #142
    Super Member Havplenty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MO (the Show Me state)
    Posts
    2,942
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    They make $ from me as well- I use the "padded" flat rate envelopes! Easier for me too~
    Quote Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
    I guess the US post office is making money off me.. I use the priority envelopes.
    the accountant in me won't let me arbitrarily over pay on postage. my mind would be calculating what other items i coulda mailed with the over postage i paid. so i try to stay close to what it costs me to mail items in the various swaps i participate in. i know is may just be me.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)



  3. #143
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    2,896
    I will be doing the 30 sets...I

  4. #144
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    2,896
    I never got to finish my reply something crazy happened to the pc or the internet... awhile ago I wanted to join in a ps swap and cut a bunch of them..BUT...I ended up sewing them together ....I now have 500 done..1/3rd of the way thru...so I guess you could say that I'm joinging this group!!! Honchey

  5. #145
    Power Poster Mariposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SE Washington
    Posts
    20,788
    Honchey-- Glad to have you along!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

  6. #146
    Senior Member sew4nin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    306
    My goodies are on their way to Mariposa. Can't wait until it is time to watch the mail box!

  7. #147
    Super Member barri1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Woodmere, NY
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by sew4nin View Post
    My goodies are on their way to Mariposa. Can't wait until it is time to watch the mail box!
    Think I'm getting jealous.. I have no way to get to the P.O., as I am in the office when the P.O is open. I'm relying on my 84 y.o mom to help.. There is one near the gym that she goes to, but it's been too hot to keep stopping..

  8. #148
    Super Member Havplenty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MO (the Show Me state)
    Posts
    2,942
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
    Think I'm getting jealous.. I have no way to get to the P.O., as I am in the office when the P.O is open. I'm relying on my 84 y.o mom to help.. There is one near the gym that she goes to, but it's been too hot to keep stopping..
    can't you do a mail drop at work? i use to take my personal mail to the mailroom to have it mailed out when at work or perhaps you can have it go out with work's mail when the postal carrier shows up for the day. also if you p.o. has boxes outside the bldg. you can drop your mail in after hours. it will get in the system. no need to task your dear old mom.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)



  9. #149
    Super Member barri1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Woodmere, NY
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    can't you do a mail drop at work? i use to take my personal mail to the mailroom to have it mailed out when at work or perhaps you can have it go out with work's mail when the postal carrier shows up for the day. also if you p.o. has boxes outside the bldg. you can drop your mail in after hours. it will get in the system. no need to task your dear old mom.
    Besides being jealous, I'm also getting grump with the US Postal authority. Mom came home with three envelopes that were not priority, and were $2.19 per.. I also needed stamp.. I have to go in after work tomorrow.. They said they didn't have any. I find it hard to believe..

  10. #150
    Senior Member sew4nin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    St. Charles, MO
    Posts
    306
    Sorry you are having trouble, barri1. It will be worth it, though!
    Quote Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
    Besides being jealous, I'm also getting grump with the US Postal authority. Mom came home with three envelopes that were not priority, and were $2.19 per.. I also needed stamp.. I have to go in after work tomorrow.. They said they didn't have any. I find it hard to believe..

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.