Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Think Spring Paper Pieced Block Swap With a "Twist" - Signup is Closed

How big is this block?

Quote Originally Posted by Bbemerald View Post
    Thought I'd post a picture of the Jubilee Rose I got from Regina. If you sew 2 parts of the rose, she'll send you the whole pattern for free. I love the rose! Sew Pretty. I'd sew it for the group, but takes too much time. So if you haven't already looked at her patterns, take a look. She is also doing the Lord of the Rings BOM.
    Here is her site & free patterns. Lots of fun stuff : http://www.reginagrewe.de/00main/05gratismuster_e.html Attachment 394772
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Ok. I have looked at what you all have done. Then I decided to check out a tutorial on how to do this. I am going to try it. Today. I don't know how it will go but I do have until the 28th. LOL. Wish me luck.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    Ok. I have looked at what you all have done. Then I decided to check out a tutorial on how to do this. I am going to try it. Today. I don't know how it will go but I do have until the 28th. LOL. Wish me luck.
    Good luck! Remember you just have to sign up by the 28th...the blocks aren't due to me until March 18th! Would love to have you join us!

The Jubilee Rose block is 15x15 cm so almost 6 inches unfinished.

How big is this block?

Love everyone's blocks that have been posted, which makes me long for spring. I have a foot of snow in my front yard though. hmmmmm.

Ok here is my first paper piece square. It is about 6 inches square.It took me 6 hours to make. Whew. I am not sure that I can do that 4 more times. I do want to keep one for myself.That would mean that it would take me one day for each block. Sigh. I came on to show all of you the square and to tell you that I wouldn't be able to do this but then Rhonda says that I have until March 18. LOL. what a way to con a person into at least trying. I have a second pattern that I want to try too...a basket. Sigh. Ok I am going to try. Now that I know how to do this one....I can set it up like an assembly line and maybe it will go faster. Do you all think that maybe I picked out a complicated pattern???????

Name:  DSC_0358.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  237.6 KB

Blog Entries
    @urgodschild2: it's lovely and you will get faster with practice. Good job!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Your block is very pretty.One tip that helps,cut your fabric at least an inch wider on all sides than you think it will need.
    on diagonal seams,I try folding the fabric over to see if it will cover the space,plus cover the quarter inch outer space.
    Pat C

It is gorgeous and it will get better over time. Maybe look for a block with a little less pieces.

Ok here is my first paper piece square. It is about 6 inches square.It took me 6 hours to make. Whew. I am not sure that I can do that 4 more times. I do want to keep one for myself.That would mean that it would take me one day for each block. Sigh. I came on to show all of you the square and to tell you that I wouldn't be able to do this but then Rhonda says that I have until March 18. LOL. what a way to con a person into at least trying. I have a second pattern that I want to try too...a basket. Sigh. Ok I am going to try. Now that I know how to do this one....I can set it up like an assembly line and maybe it will go faster. Do you all think that maybe I picked out a complicated pattern???????

Name:  DSC_0358.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  237.6 KB
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Urgod'schild2...you're doing great! I'm so pleased that you've bitten the bullet and are giving paper piecing a go!! Big round of applause for you for sure!!!

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 ... LastLast