Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 87

Thread: bed runners

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    218
    Bedrunners are a great idea! And I love the matching shams. Think how much easier these would be to make than a large quilt - faster too. I love this idea.

  2. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,844
    i actually make nap or twin size quilts about 65x80 that lay across the entire top of our king size bed. Some times they hang over and other only cover the top. I have a king size ivory colored bedspread and I pained the walls ivory. The "coverlet" is larger that bed runner and can be used as a quilt to cover up with. It is cheaper and quicker to make that king size quilt . I usually make this size and then I can change bedroom colors easily. Most quilt patterns come with directions for smaller sizes so choose your favorite pattern and get sewing!!! No need to buy seperate patterns for bed runners.

  3. #13
    Super Member Wonnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsister63
    i actually make nap or twin size quilts about 65x80 that lay across the entire top of our king size bed. Some times they hang over and other only cover the top. I have a king size ivory colored bedspread and I pained the walls ivory. The "coverlet" is larger that bed runner and can be used as a quilt to cover up with. It is cheaper and quicker to make that king size quilt . I usually make this size and then I can change bedroom colors easily. Most quilt patterns come with directions for smaller sizes so choose your favorite pattern and get sewing!!! No need to buy seperate patterns for bed runners.
    Great idea! Thanks! :-D

  4. #14
    Super Member lalaland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    2,355
    I am really intrigued by the bed runner idea. I figured they are just big table runners but didn't know how to figure the measurements, then found this blog.

    http://hangingonbyaneedleandthread.b...explained.html

    If for some reason you can't access it, the gal says The dimensions are typically 24" wide and the length is 25"-30" longer than the width of the mattress, so that there is a 12"-15" drop on each side of the bed."

    I'm tempted to take my favorite easy table runner pattern, increase the size of the blocks, and make it to these dimensions to match my bed.

  5. #15
    Super Member Wonnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaland
    I am really intrigued by the bed runner idea. I figured they are just big table runners but didn't know how to figure the measurements, then found this blog.

    http://hangingonbyaneedleandthread.b...explained.html

    If for some reason you can't access it, the gal says The dimensions are typically 24" wide and the length is 25"-30" longer than the width of the mattress, so that there is a 12"-15" drop on each side of the bed."

    I'm tempted to take my favorite easy table runner pattern, increase the size of the blocks, and make it to these dimensions to match my bed.
    :lol: I am very grateful for the sizes....had no idea where to begin because I, too, have a table runner pattern I could enlarge. Did you check out the"Make Your Bed" book on Amazon.com....they, also, had some neat pillow cases

  6. #16
    Super Member lalaland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaland
    I am really intrigued by the bed runner idea. I figured they are just big table runners but didn't know how to figure the measurements, then found this blog.

    http://hangingonbyaneedleandthread.b...explained.html

    If for some reason you can't access it, the gal says The dimensions are typically 24" wide and the length is 25"-30" longer than the width of the mattress, so that there is a 12"-15" drop on each side of the bed."

    I'm tempted to take my favorite easy table runner pattern, increase the size of the blocks, and make it to these dimensions to match my bed.
    :lol: I am very grateful for the sizes....had no idea where to begin because I, too, have a table runner pattern I could enlarge. Did you check out the"Make Your Bed" book on Amazon.com....they, also, had some neat pillow cases

    I did check it out. You could make your pattern and cut it to the size for a pillow case or pillow cover. Lots of fee patterns here with various styles

    http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millio.../freepatterns/

    This site gives you directions AND the measurements you need for making standard, queen and king size pillows

    http://www.craftandfabriclinks.com/p...ses/cases.html

    These are free directions that I really like for making envelope pillow covers

    http://sewing.about.com/od/freeproje...lopepillow.htm

  7. #17
    Super Member Wonnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie
    That's true, QuiltnNan. Don't think it will be too long before it's out though. I usually find that when that's posted it's anywhere from 2-4 wks so if it's something I really want I just pre-order and then when it comes I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Hello again, QuiltnNan....I'm here to eat crow!!! Just happened to spy the release date on this book....not until 8/8/ 11!!! Ouch! I was already to start on it this month!. Oh, well....something to look forward to!

  8. #18
    Power Poster nativetexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    1,ooo miles from home
    Posts
    12,783
    Blog Entries
    2
    yes, those would do well in changing your decor easily. or you could make "toppers" across your pillows.

  9. #19
    Super Member mar32428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Winter PArk, Florida
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie
    Has anyone seen the new pattern book called, "Make Your Bed" by Leslee Evans on www.amazon.com? I've never made one but, looking at all the options (click on all the thumbnails and then zoom)I can see why it would be easy to change your room decor several times during the year if you so chose. Plus it takes far less fabric than a full quilt, is decorative in the summer if placed over a light weight white (or color of your choice) spread and takes up very little storage space. I suppose I could figure out how to make one without a pattern but LOVED the patterns in the book. :-D
    Can someone ell me why bed runners were created and what are they supposed to do?

  10. #20
    Super Member Wonnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,369
    Blog Entries
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaland
    I am really intrigued by the bed runner idea. I figured they are just big table runners but didn't know how to figure the measurements, then found this blog.

    http://hangingonbyaneedleandthread.b...explained.html

    If for some reason you can't access it, the gal says The dimensions are typically 24" wide and the length is 25"-30" longer than the width of the mattress, so that there is a 12"-15" drop on each side of the bed."

    I'm tempted to take my favorite easy table runner pattern, increase the size of the blocks, and make it to these dimensions to match my bed.
    :lol: I am very grateful for the sizes....had no idea where to begin because I, too, have a table runner pattern I could enlarge. Did you check out the"Make Your Bed" book on Amazon.com....they, also, had some neat pillow cases

    I did check it out. You could make your pattern and cut it to the size for a pillow case or pillow cover. Lots of fee patterns here with various styles

    http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millio.../freepatterns/

    This site gives you directions AND the measurements you need for making standard, queen and king size pillows

    http://www.craftandfabriclinks.com/p...ses/cases.html

    These are free directions that I really like for making envelope pillow covers

    http://sewing.about.com/od/freeproje...lopepillow.htm
    Thanks for all the cool sites...checked them out and got something I could use from each one...THANKS !

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.