Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: bed runners

watched the crooked nickel video. question on using fusible grid. can you wash the bed runner after using these fusibles? will it bunch?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peabee
    watched the crooked nickel video. question on using fusible grid. can you wash the bed runner after using these fusibles? will it bunch?
    Good question...I don't know...I'm thinking that the fusible must be extremely light weight and will stay fused to the fabric. I was, also, wondering if it then becomes hard to hand quilt or if the fusible is a detriment to machine quilting in so far as adhering to the needle. Anyone out there have any answeres?

I found a book for Bed Runners designs by Kathy Brown - there are 10 different designs. This was published by House of White Birches. Think Clotilde has it, have had it a while so I really don't remember where I picked it up at. They are on my to do list.

I have the book "Patchwork, Comfortors, Throws & Quilts" from House of White Birches, which has a lot of patterns for bed warmers. :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamgirl
    I have the book "Patchwork, Comfortors, Throws & Quilts" from House of White Birches, which has a lot of patterns for bed warmers. :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian
    I found a book for Bed Runners designs by Kathy Brown - there are 10 different designs. This was published by House of White Birches. Think Clotilde has it, have had it a while so I really don't remember where I picked it up at. They are on my to do list.
    Thanks! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian
    Thanks! :thumbup:
    By the way, can I add my "to do" list to yours because if I work 24/7 for the next 20 years I'll never get them all done!! But, isn't it great to have a great passion!!!

The nicer hotels have been using these for years over a white duvet. They're classy. I have always called them scarves rather than runners, but either way, they dress up a bed without all the work that goes into a full size quilt.
    They are about 2 ft. by the width of the bed with a drop of about 18 inches on each side. In other words.........measure the width of the bed and add 3 ft.

I am in the process of making one. Have most of the blocks done just need to put them together. Also planning on making pillow shams to match. Mine is a Log Cabin. Will try to attach (I'm still learning how to do that).
    I think Clotilde has a book available for making bed runners.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by num1momva
    I am in the process of making one. Have most of the blocks done just need to put them together. Also planning on making pillow shams to match. Mine is a Log Cabin. Will try to attach (I'm still learning how to do that).
    I think Clotilde has a book available for making bed runners.
    Please, please, please...post picture when finished. It's going to beautiful!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast