Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Clean up your stash! >

Clean up your stash!

Clean up your stash!

Old 10-17-2016, 06:35 PM

Wow, Jane, you scored big! Look at all those yummy fabrics! I would want to play all day in that pile of goodies!
Old 10-18-2016, 03:39 AM

I feel ya. I also sew clothing and I have fashion fabric that is probably 20+ years old, in addition to quilt fabric and home dec fabric. It's all in my basement but my husband just walks a straight line and ignores it when he goes down there LOL.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:17 AM

Have you tried your LQS? Two here offer bags of scraps. The bags are clear plastic, so you can see what you're getting. Like everything else, you have to be a bit careful. I once bought a bag of very skinny strings because I thought all the bags were similar and picked one with out looking.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:06 PM

Neat and orderly are not my thing. Never were, never will be. Even so, I have started a personal crusade to donate fabric to my guilds and to some people i know who teach the less advantaged on their own time and their own dime.

Even so, some of the fabrics will probably be buried with me because I think they are so beautiful I can't cut them, give them away or use them. However, the list of the 'uncuttables' is getting smaller....

If you're anything like me, being on a time budget is probably what is really bothering you - I don't like to HAVE to do anything now that I am retired.