Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Do you have this organizer? >

Do you have this organizer?

Do you have this organizer?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

I had one of these and took it back. I got a couple utility carts with shelves about same height and put couple other containers that hold more. I like anything on wheels since I like a quick clean up and can shove them under my tables and under my 401 with the desk cabinet. If you have enough closet space they can slide right in and out of sight. I only paid about $10.00 for each. I've had my carts for about 8 years now. I have also used them for extra ironing space when the little niece comes over.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:44 PM

I have one of them and it works ok but the drawers slip out of the groves a lot, if you put heavy stuff in them it happens more often.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
The 2 people that I know that had one weren't really satisfied with it. When I saw them, both were leaning and the drawers weren't going in & out successfully. Now, was it the fault of the unit or a problem with understanding how to put it together? I'd make sure I could bring it back if you don't like it, or design a cross bar on the back to stabilize it, or something like that.
I received one as a gift -it was from JoAnn's and the only way I could get it to stand straight was to squeeze it between 2 sewing cabinets. The drawers did not last very long , pieces would break off as you opened them and if they did not break they would not stay on track. It was the most aggravating thing I ever owned. But the sides did work out real good in the flower bed.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:38 AM

I have 5 of these & I use them all the time for a small business that I have. I have been using the same ones for about 10 years and the only problems I have has is the drawers coming off track but I can deal with that.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:15 AM

I would like one, maybe a garage sale find one day soon. thanks for the pros and cons from those who already own one.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:22 AM

I noticed they are only rated at 2 1/2 stars. Read the reviews on the page and see if you still want to spend the money. I would opt for a sturdier one.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:45 AM

We found one at Sam's a few years back and bought for our daughter's fourth grade classroom. She used it for classroom supplies: thumbtacks, staples, paper clips, pencils, pens, Ziploc bags, extra notebook paper, etc. The drawers were the perfect size for her. I remember we paid right at $25.00 for it. It did collapse after a couple of years, but we found them again [at Sam's] and got another one. We figure that amount every two years is certainly not bad. Her present one has lost its back wheels, but she put a couple of old textbooks under the frame and it still works. I guess if it can withstand fourth graders, it could handle just about anything, right? Ha! Ha!

I wish I had the room to get a couple of them for my sewing room, but my collection of "stuff" just won't permit it.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:32 AM

I have 2 of them and paid about $40. each. I found them not to be very sturdy. Most of my threads were too tall and too heavy when the drawer was full, When I placed anything with much weight in it the drawers slipped off the tract. The good thing about them is the wheels, easy to move around.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:28 AM

I have 4 of them, all from JoAnn's and love them. I numbered each drawer and as I put "stuff" in them, listed the items alphabetically with its # drawer in a notebook which I called, "The Notebook That Tells Me Where Everything Is". I have since expanded the notebook to include things I stash in weird places and things in the garage chests with drawers. It is so nice to look in the notebook and find exactly where something is.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:04 AM

I don't own it. I have considered it several times but something keeps me from getting it. I think it's the fact that you can't see what's in the drawers. They are nice and colorful yes, but that's a lot of drawers to open and close looking for something you're sure put there. Even with labels, which would help for sure, unless you are especially disciplined and put only what's on the label in the drawer, you'll be opening and closing like crazy! Good luck.