Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Do you have this organizer? >

Do you have this organizer?

Do you have this organizer?

Old 05-22-2014, 05:39 AM

I use a 10-drawer storage organizer from Staples that I've been very satisfied with. It's on wheels and the drawers are easily removed to take to a table for use, etc. I use mine to sort and hold all my scraps by color. Right now it's a bit pricey but if you have a coupon or can wait for a sale, it's a great buy. http://www.staples.com/Staples-10-Dr...product_484971
Old 05-22-2014, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

Yes I received one as a gift. I have my scrapbooking things in it now. The thing I don't care for is that the drawers aren't dust free because of the gap between the frame and the drawers. The things that are stored in there will need to be covered with something if you don't want to have dust all over it. I put mine into a closet and that does seem to help some. What people say about the drawers is true as well. They will come out of the tracks easily making it frustrating to open and close. The best feature? The wheels and to me the colors.

All that being said, I do like the stackable clear ones that you buy at walmart. They close up right and hold a lot. No they aren't on wheels, but, the drawers are easily carried into another room.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 05-22-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:52 AM

You can't put anything heavy in the drawers because they fall off the tracks. I like mine, it looks pretty but not really very useful.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:06 AM

I have used two of these for many years. One is for scrapbooking supplies....and lightweight is the key word here.

One is for a portable sewing 'basket'. When Mom moved in with us, we found ourselves with about 4 sewing baskets/boxes. She spent many hours combining all the sewing supplies and organizing them into this multi drawer unit. Happy memories when I can go to the unit and find what I want because Mom had put like things together. Organization was one of her strong talents. Just wish we had had the time to enjoy it together.

The dowel stick idea previously given would be worth the time to keep the drawers on track.

The unit has endless possibilities.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:31 AM

I happened to look at that in JoAnne's the other day. I even mentioned to my DH how flimsy it appears. I think it would be good for scrapbooking but not quilting. The drawers aren't that deep and they don't appear to be strong.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:02 PM

I have one that is full to overflowing, and it holds lots of odds and ends. Just be sure to keep your drawers straight when you pull them in and out.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:00 PM

I bought one like that at Hancock's and got home only to find it had one conner that would not sit level and the drawers would not go in or out right so back it went. Not worth the sale price.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:20 AM

I have 1. I use it for scrapbooking stickers. I think it could be used for alot of stuff, but not very heavy things.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:25 AM

I have it and I don't like it. I will be giving to goodwill as soon as I find somewhere to put all of my stuff
Old 05-28-2014, 10:14 AM

I have 2 of them and I love mine. There is an allen wrench that comes with,and when the drawers get a bit loose you just need to tighten them a bit.Ive had mine for a couple of years and they hold up well,if you just maintain them with that wrench...