Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Do you have this organizer? >

Do you have this organizer?

Do you have this organizer?

Old 05-28-2014, 10:19 AM

I have 2 of these and love them. You need to remember not to overload them. I use one of mine for future projects, 1 in each drawer. This includes material, pattern, thread, etc. required for the project. I keep mine in a corner near my sewing machine and put a small TV on the top. It's the perfect height and helps stabilize the cabinet below.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:19 PM

I have that same one and another that is similar but shorter and has two sets of drawers. They work perfectly for me. In the tower one I am currently using it for WIP. I do ask my husband to tighten it up occasionally. But it does what I need it to do. I love that I can push it out of the way when I need to or have it close to the sewing machine when I am working on something. It is not fine furniture, not would I expect it to be for the price I paid for it at a yard sale.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:22 AM

I have this one exactly.
I use it for different accessories, like marking pens, thangles, scrap fabric pieces in different sizes by drawer.

You can not put a lot of heay stuff in the drawer becaus if youdo the drawer comes off the track.

I like it because I can move it around and it keeps things out of sight.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:09 PM

I have a couple of these units. I like them. I have been using them for my different projects. They are not made to hold real heavy things. I have started using them for my different size of scrap squares that I cut. Sometimes you can find them at Sam's Club for about $25.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:37 AM

My hair dresser just purchased two of them for her shop for each of the stations that do hair. They seem very sturdy as they use them for rollers, etc.
Pat
Old 06-01-2014, 06:27 PM

I had this a few years ago in my homeschool room. Not good for anything heavy. Got all wobbly.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:53 PM

[QUOTE=Quilty-Louise;6724146]I bought one many years ago I like all the drawers it has only mine is not
in the colors (only the opaque white).

For me it was a waste of money as the drawers didn't stay in the tracks
so I ended up having to buy lengths of 1/4" wooden dowels and gluing
them to each draw so that they don't drop into the drawers below.

But if I got one as a gift from someone I would put the dowels on the
drawers FIRST before doing anything else with it.

But I do like all the drawers it has. Just wish it was sturdier.[/QUOTE

Please explain where exactly you are gluing the dowels. Is it along the back bottom of the drawer? Along each side? I am having trouble picturing this, but would love to try it out on my unit
Linda
Old 06-10-2014, 06:11 PM

I decided against buying these and I'm glad I did. First of all, the unit would take up too much space and I was happy so many of you told me the truth about them. I'm sure I'd have overloaded them and they'd have fallen apart. Looked nice online, though. Thanks again for all your input on it.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:37 AM

Save your money..that thing is so frustrating! Drawers always falling off rail ect..
Old 06-22-2014, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
I have 4 of them, all from JoAnn's and love them. I numbered each drawer and as I put "stuff" in them, listed the items alphabetically with its # drawer in a notebook which I called, "The Notebook That Tells Me Where Everything Is". I have since expanded the notebook to include things I stash in weird places and things in the garage chests with drawers. It is so nice to look in the notebook and find exactly where something is.
Oh, I think you may have solved my "stuff" problem....now to find a note book to list all this in......it will be my roadmap to sanity!