Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Help, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    Take the larger room. Guests are occasional and temporary; you live there, full-time. Enjoy your home!
    Yes! I would totally take over the bigger room for myself and dedicate the smaller room to guests. I have a trundle bed for guests in my quilting room and the day my son leaves for college in two years that bed is moving to his room! Of course he will sleep there when he is home (I'm not THAT heartless!) but guests can use it the rest of the year. And, hello large design wall for me in the quilting room.

Blog Entries
    I AGREE totally. Enjoy it. My Grandaughter had to live with us for 5 months. Her house flooded. She slept on a bed, on the floor, behind the couch upstairs. It got to be a song. ha. Her little son slept on an air mattress. He loved it.

Does the small room have a comfortable bed? How often do you have guests? I enjoy having guests and being a guest. So long as the room has a comfy bed who cares what size the room is. Have you ever been to Paris?

I vote for the smaller one for a guest room. You can close the door and it is one less room to heat and cool too.

piney

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    i would use the smaller room as a dedicated guest bedroom and make sure to hang a guest bathrobe on the back of the door for those trips to the hall bathroom.
    I think this idea is a good one, by providing the bath robe it won't matter that the bathroom isn't attached. It is nice to have one room ready to go. If you don't always put everything away, then when you have a guest you have to put it somewhere while they are there. If every thing is in one room then you can leave it as is when you want and still have a place for a guest. you could always work in the small room and just put everything back in the combo room when you are finished for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ghquilter53 View Post
    How often do you have guests using the room? I say combine all your things into the larger room and put the guests in the smaller room with the bathroom in the hall.
    That's what I would do too. I love having an uncluttered room solely dedicated to my guests.

OK! You guys have made my decision! TOMORROW, I will start the big move. Bedroom furniture to the little room and everything else to the bigger one. My brother recently lost his job, and could use some work, so I'll make him a honey-do list of things hubby doesn't have time to do, and we will get busy. Entire inside of house painted, laminate flooring in 3 rooms, moving furniture around--including piano and large aquarium, painting the front porch, oh my! I can keep him busy for quite a while! Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
    OK! You guys have made my decision! TOMORROW, I will start the big move. Bedroom furniture to the little room and everything else to the bigger one. My brother recently lost his job, and could use some work, so I'll make him a honey-do list of things hubby doesn't have time to do, and we will get busy. Entire inside of house painted, laminate flooring in 3 rooms, moving furniture around--including piano and large aquarium, painting the front porch, oh my! I can keep him busy for quite a while! Thanks for your help
    Awesome! I'm glad you have your brother around and you can help each other out. What will you have him tackle first?

I would use the biggest room for a sewing/craft room. And use the smaller one as a guest room.
    Sewing definitely is more important and needs the most space. Combining the rooms will give you a chance to
    orgainize your things and get rid of excess stuff that you have accumulated.

I took the bigger room for a sewing room and my little guest room barely holds two twin beds! I enjoy my sewing room every day and only have guests three/four times a year.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast