Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My studio...yes, it always looks like this! (Photo heavy)

Your space is VERY nice and neat. I love that the furnishing have some memories attached. What is it with cats and fabrics?

And I am VERY jealous of the cardinals on your feeder. Ours refuse to use the feeder (specially purchased for them) and prefer to feed on the ground.

Thank you all for the kind comments.

CMW - Actually, the birds are purple finches (can't see them very well in the photo), although we do get quite a few cardinals as well. They prefer the downstairs feeder.

"I love that the furnishing have some memories attached."
    To follow up on this comment...my 401A (used) was a high school graduation gift from my parents in 1980. The cabinet is sits in was given to me by a friend a couple of years ago.
    I bought the cutting table when our oldest DD was a baby (she is now 28) and we used it in our kitchen for quite a few years. All the chairs that came with it fell apart one by one...the glue dried out due to their proximity to our wood burning stove.
    The dresser in the corner was my mom's.
    The Bernina cabinet I purchased at my neighbor's garage sale many years ago. It had been painted a burnt orange color, but I stripped it and covered it with tung oil.
    We bought the computer desk (nee teacher desk) new at an unfinished furniture store probably 25 years ago or so and I finished it myself...we actually purchased quite a few items this way over the years. My whole house is pretty eclectic.
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

Great studios, its nice that you and your hubby can each do your own hobby and still be 'together'.

Nice space! Thanks for sharing.

Never thought to use a type case as a thread rack. Going to get mine out of storage right now!

Fantastic room! Everything seems to have a place especially your quilt police who can check out all of it! I like that there are so many memories for you. Nice sewing space.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Great studio!!!!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful spaces (and your cool little companions). We like to be together too...so we have a similar thing going...though on ground level with two big windows overlooking the garden...we also share our space with two cats and two dogs. Love your eclectic look and how each piece has it's story. Great way to furnish a real home.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful space with us!

A nice large room, great for making quilts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast