Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
What SMAD looks like (very picture heavy) >

What SMAD looks like (very picture heavy)

What SMAD looks like (very picture heavy)

Old 11-06-2013, 03:05 PM

Default What SMAD looks like (very picture heavy)

You know, I was doing OK when I was sticking to Singers, I had a set for each machine, and a few extras, - and I could get most of it in one cupboard - yes, all the boxes have stuff in them.

It's still the same cupboard - just needed more room for the manuals and books

And a bit more room - but all was still well.

And then I got a few Non-Singer machines - and broke my rule (they are made to be broken) and started looking at Greist attachments - after all, he made the early Singer stuff, so there was a connection.

I love the small case - matches the Singer machine ones I have. There is a nice WW engraved box too.

One may ask why my Dining Room table is in my sewing room . . . I'll get to that later.

And here are a few more - mostly Rotary, and most of these I ended up with because they came as part of a LOT with something I really wanted.

Oh - there are a few more on my cutting table. I'll need to find homes for them so I can use my table again. I have no idea how many different styles of attachments Greist made - I keep finding ones I don't yet have!

Old 11-06-2013, 03:09 PM

Some of my large mongrammers -

I bought a Singer with most of the cams, and was collecting the few I didn't have when I found a full set of Greist ones - and since Greist made all of them like this, they are no different than the Singer ones. I have no idea if Singer sold the set in a different box.

Though I've seen the same set sell for about 3x what I paid when sold as "Singer" cams. For some reason, people just won't pay near as much if the set is sold as "Greist" so keep that in mind if you are looking for them.

And what would a Singer collection be without a puzzle box - or four?

And a few more neat items - Singer electric scissors

And a cute little box that I put a set of attachments in.

And a bigger box with a lot more accessories - bobbins, screw drivers, embroidery attachments, Singercraft guide, gripper . . . lots of fun stuff in here.

Oh - I missed a few in the other pictures . . .

And another set of containers - $25 for the lot, I couldn't pass that up now could I? They are some of the few empty containers I've got!

Old 11-06-2013, 03:14 PM

SMAD = Sewing Machine Addiction Disorder?????

Joe
Old 11-06-2013, 03:31 PM

And a few buttonholers - I really never intended to end up with so many . . . most came with machines - and DH can't seem to pass them up if they are under $5. (I still cry about the one the PO lost)

Notice the little case underneath? It matches my white FW case, not as cute as the red/beige one though.

My pinkers - one machine and one hand crank.

Oh, I forgot about these two - one slant and one straight. I don't think you can own a Rocketeer without having a case like this.

And here is DH working on the Rocketeer

And feet for DH's Bernina

And a full set of attachments and cams for his 403A (I have two more sets, one for my 401A and one for the Rocketeer - and now I'll need one for the 401G . . .)

And more of DH's stuff, I had enough so he could have some just for him.

And some Viking stuff - got quite a bit more but it's all in the cases with the machines.

And Pfaff - I got two full sets in this box, and I just snagged a second box for the extra set.

And some other stuff - the two containers on the bottom were once all my "extras" before I went overboard. . . .

Old 11-06-2013, 03:34 PM

Oh, my. And are you able to go in and put you hands on just the attachment you want? I'd be looking for ages! ha.ha
Old 11-06-2013, 03:40 PM

Some more misc stuff - we don't own a Kenmore -yet. We're looking for a specific one and haven't found it yet.

And since I love cabinets also - I could not pass up this cute little stand. I'll use it for my quilting machine stuff.

And why my table is in my sewing room now - my quilting frame is in my dining room! I'll be setting up my 15-91 down here too, it's my bobbin winding machine along with FMQ.

We store a few cases under the frame - all but three have machines in them, the Singer and Red Bernina on the near end the Pfaff case down near the other end.

BTW - I started putting the quilt on the frame and ran into a problem. This is one my Mom made 30 years ago. I'm going to have to reset some of the border as it's not square with the pattern. She intended to hand quilt, and then it could be worked around, but I can't get it to lay right on the frame. It will be easy enough to fix.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:46 PM

SMAD - Sewing Machine ATTACHMENT Disorder. When DH started telling me we didn't have room for more sewing machines, I found something just as fun to collect that takes up quite a bit less room.

But then, I was collecting Cabinets, not just sewing machines.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:31 PM

Macybaby,

I'd have to move out of my house! SMAD Indeed! LOL

Jeanette Frantz
Old 11-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

That is some nifty collection. I am attracted to attachments also but my collection is quite puny compared to yours!!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:23 PM

Smile

Oh honey, I feel for you. You have the bug - and I can only think of one cure, get a larger area for storage of all your pretties!! LOL!!