Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help downsizing/organizing

Prayers for you during this difficult time. I am an eleven year survivor myself. I can't imagine dealing with your illness and having to move. Ask for help, don't try to do it all on your own. I pray you have lots of support from family and friends. God bless you with restored health.

So sorry to hear of your predicament, particularly your health problems. I wish you well in your move and hope some of the suggestions made on QB will be of help.

Quote Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
    I love the idea of a Murphy bed; you will have the best of both worlds.
    What about a sleeper sofa?
    Please become an organ donor
    It really does save lives, my husband is living proof.

Put some shelving up closer to ceiling or vertical bookshelves that stand about 5foot or so. Just be sure they are anchored so they don't tip with too much weight

Prayers for your health and well-being. I know this has to be painful in many ways. I bought Rubbermaid shelves at Lowe's and it is amazing how much fabric they hold. They are 72" tall and have 5 shelves each. I ruler folded my fabric and grouped it by color. They are 14" deep and I have them on 3 walls in the sewing room. I can just look at it, and it's gorgeous! No need for decorations, either!

I am so sorry for your situation. No one should ever lose their home because of an illness!

One great storage solution is to use plastic containers - tall ones or stacked - instead of end tables. A tablecloth on top and no one will know the difference.
    Shirley in Arizona

I'd go with bookshelves and store fabric on it that way -- you'll be surrounded by color and pattern, which should help you adjust to the big changes in your life. Craigslist often has bookshelves very inexpensive, and you can post what you are looking for. I'm glad you're going to continue to quilt - that's the best therapy for us quilters, isn't it?

Praying for your return to health, it is always scary and to loose your home is awful. My DH had had 4 kinds of CA and is almost 81 and going strong, so fight and get better.

So sad to hear this. When we had to downsize I found plastic containers that could fit under our bed. I have six containers of fabric under it. If need be you may have to raise your bed somewhat using blocks of wood or something like this. If you fold your fabrics in half lengthwise, and fold them around your 6 by24 inch ruler then fold in half again it's amazing how much fabric you can get in a box. Then is a YouTube demo on folding fabric if your interested. Good luck.

Sharon, my thoughts and prayers are with you. You could put your bed up higher on blocks or some such and have more room for storage.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast