Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Rearranging my sewing space >

Rearranging my sewing space

Rearranging my sewing space

Old 04-05-2015, 03:17 AM

It is always fun to peek at other people's sewing spaces and set ups, I agree. I am getting ready to start packing up most of my stuff so that we can put this house on the market. I'll have two spaces once we are finally settled this fall. One will be small and as portable and packable as possible. The other will be more permanent. This time around I vow to be more organized. Once. I retire this June, I'll finally have the time to dive into creating so I really want to be as efficient as possible. Good luck, everyone!
Old 04-05-2015, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
I moved into this house last Nov. and I am on my 3rd re-arrangment.-- I'm almost done on the 3rd one. I just can't seem to get comfortable in there. The room is 20 x 12 plus a 8 x 5 closet for all my fabric. Size wise its great but there just seems to be some thing not quite right in there. No matter where I put my cutting table or what side I try cutting on, it feels like I'm backwards. Same thing with my sewing machine.. I can set up my 6ft resin table in the dining room and I don't feel that way. The problem with the dining room is I spend more time chasing the kitten to retrieve all my stuff.
I think I know the problem! You need to bring the kitten in the sewing room with you....mine (all 6) are fascinated with my fabrics and the purr my machines make.....meow!