Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to see some tiny sewing spaces!

My space isn't small to me but one of the things that makes it function larger is use of vertical space. Generally, I see people overlooking using vertical space and it can be really helpful. As you think about your space, consider what is possible up. All the way to the ceiling. And at the ends of shelves - the part 90 degrees from the wall. Any unused vertical space. And Command hooks and S hooks. Up, up and away?

Pat

My space is 9'x7'!!( we don't do big space in UK!!) not as organised as my QB friend Izy would have it but it suits me!!! take a tour!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Hilary

My husband put shelving around 3 sides above window height which utilises as much space as possible!! My little stool is just right for reaching high places!!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Hilary

I have been trying to downsize my sewing space. It was getting out of control! My "attic-like" space is 13' x 17'. Sloped ceiling (eliminates wall space) , two windows, one closet door (my design wall space is the door) a doorway to the next room, open railing to the stairs. A twin bed (catch all). I love to see all spaces esp cozy ones!

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I am fortunate to have a decent area for sewing. It isn't huge and I whine about it all the time but I've been so impressed by the sewing space of a blogger I follow. She lives in NYC and space is at a premium. This is her setup.http://madebychrissied.blogspot.com/...=+sewing+space

And while you are there, you can look at all the impressive quilts she has made in that tiny space.

Good luck!
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
    I am fortunate to have a decent area for sewing. It isn't huge and I whine about it all the time but I've been so impressed by the sewing space of a blogger I follow. She lives in NYC and space is at a premium. This is her setup.http://madebychrissied.blogspot.com/...=+sewing+space

And while you are there, you can look at all the impressive quilts she has made in that tiny space.

Good luck!
    Beautiful. I have yet to make a quilting room because most of the ones I have seen would not work for me. I like working in an area where I can only see the current project and I need a view. On quilting days, I set up my temporary quilting area and then pack it away when I am done. I think I could work in this area because of all the windows. Thanks for sharing.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Hilary, I love what you have done in a limited space. Thanks for sharing.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing the blog site. Really enjoyed looking at the photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Hilary, I love what you have done in a limited space. Thanks for sharing.
    Thankyou!! I am happy spending time in here....tho sometimes I get a little overwhelmed by the amount of fabric I have!!! I will need to live to 150 to use it all!!! Need to get lots of scrappy quilts done!!! It beats housework !!!!!!
    Hilary

I am moving next week from a 2 bedroom apartment (1 bedroom was for quilting/stash) into a 1 bedroom with 2 walk-in closets. 1 closet dedicated to stash but now will be sewing in dining area. Anxious how that is going to work and look forward to seeing all the creativity blossoming in small spaces. :-)
    Quilting makes me happy!..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast