Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
We need to see some tiny sewing spaces! >

We need to see some tiny sewing spaces!

We need to see some tiny sewing spaces!

Old 02-14-2014, 08:45 PM

My space isn't small to me but one of the things that makes it function larger is use of vertical space. Generally, I see people overlooking using vertical space and it can be really helpful. As you think about your space, consider what is possible up. All the way to the ceiling. And at the ends of shelves - the part 90 degrees from the wall. Any unused vertical space. And Command hooks and S hooks. Up, up and away?

Pat
Old 02-15-2014, 04:00 AM

My space is 9'x7'!!( we don't do big space in UK!!) not as organised as my QB friend Izy would have it but it suits me!!! take a tour!!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Old 02-15-2014, 04:11 AM

My husband put shelving around 3 sides above window height which utilises as much space as possible!! My little stool is just right for reaching high places!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 02-15-2014, 04:37 AM

I have been trying to downsize my sewing space. It was getting out of control! My "attic-like" space is 13' x 17'. Sloped ceiling (eliminates wall space) , two windows, one closet door (my design wall space is the door) a doorway to the next room, open railing to the stairs. A twin bed (catch all). I love to see all spaces esp cozy ones!

sandy
Old 02-15-2014, 04:53 AM

I am fortunate to have a decent area for sewing. It isn't huge and I whine about it all the time but I've been so impressed by the sewing space of a blogger I follow. She lives in NYC and space is at a premium. This is her setup.http://madebychrissied.blogspot.com/...=+sewing+space

And while you are there, you can look at all the impressive quilts she has made in that tiny space.

Good luck!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
I am fortunate to have a decent area for sewing. It isn't huge and I whine about it all the time but I've been so impressed by the sewing space of a blogger I follow. She lives in NYC and space is at a premium. This is her setup.http://madebychrissied.blogspot.com/...=+sewing+space

And while you are there, you can look at all the impressive quilts she has made in that tiny space.

Good luck!
Beautiful. I have yet to make a quilting room because most of the ones I have seen would not work for me. I like working in an area where I can only see the current project and I need a view. On quilting days, I set up my temporary quilting area and then pack it away when I am done. I think I could work in this area because of all the windows. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:05 AM

Hilary, I love what you have done in a limited space. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing the blog site. Really enjoyed looking at the photos.
Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post

Good luck!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Hilary, I love what you have done in a limited space. Thanks for sharing.
Thankyou!! I am happy spending time in here....tho sometimes I get a little overwhelmed by the amount of fabric I have!!! I will need to live to 150 to use it all!!! Need to get lots of scrappy quilts done!!! It beats housework !!!!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 04:04 PM

I am moving next week from a 2 bedroom apartment (1 bedroom was for quilting/stash) into a 1 bedroom with 2 walk-in closets. 1 closet dedicated to stash but now will be sewing in dining area. Anxious how that is going to work and look forward to seeing all the creativity blossoming in small spaces. :-)