Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Airing of the Quilts - Smithville, Texas

In times past, women took out their quilts and aired them out before the winter settled in. Our town will have quilts displayed in stores and along Main Street on Nov. 12th. We are on Facebook under Airing of the Quilts, Smithville, Tx. Couldn't get the link to work.
    It is the day before the opening of the Texas Quilt Museum in LaGrange, Tx, our neighboring town. http://www.texasquiltmuseum.org/Texa...m/LANDING.html This is the link for it. All are welcome in the area to spend the night. There are nice B and B's and hotels in each city. Please feel free to contact me via PM is you are interested in knowing more.

Ooh! I read about both the museum & airing, just might have to visit! I can always get my husband to museums but not shows! Thanks for the reminder & link, I had forgotten about it!

Debs
    Quote Originally Posted by MawMaw B
    In times past, women took out their quilts and aired them out before the winter settled in. Our town will have quilts displayed in stores and along Main Street on Nov. 12th. We are on Facebook under Airing of the Quilts, Smithville, Tx. Couldn't get the link to work.
    It is the day before the opening of the Texas Quilt Museum in LaGrange, Tx, our neighboring town. http://www.texasquiltmuseum.org/Texa...m/LANDING.html This is the link for it. All are welcome in the area to spend the night. There are nice B and B's and hotels in each city. Please feel free to contact me via PM is you are interested in knowing more.

Really enjoy the outdoor/airing quilts shows. Was lucky enough to see the one in Boerne, TX earlier this year. Wish I could see the one in Smithville too. The quilt museum is on my list when I visit my daughters in San Antonio--a little side trip. Post pictures of your quilts if you can. :)

wow, sounds great! i second greensleeves's request-please post pics of your quilts if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by MawMaw B
    Hmmm...wonder if DH would watch the kiddo and let me go for the day...only a 2 hour drive. :)

Blog Entries
    that is so cool. Enjoy