Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1st quilt I long armed

1st quilt I long armed

This is the first ever long armed quilt I have done. I am proud of it, made me feel good to finally dive in and do it. Was kind of a comedy of errors, but I learned from them all and it came out looking pretty well and I am sure it won't fall apart. The grandson loves it and he didn't care at all if there were mistakes on it. I didn't tell him about them, he was happy.

All the new long armers out there just know that you can do it too. I read and watched youtube and videos and found information where ever I could. Mighty on this board was helpful to me too, thank you Mighty. She got me going.

I did my practice quilt first and put a hole in it and about everything else you could do to it, bad tension, everything. Then when everything started going well I put the soccer quilt on. Made sure the tension was right before putting in the new quilt, then went at it. I found as I was trying to look everywhere and keep things going, I would make a goofed up curve, one time I ran into the front rail and got kind of a straight part where it was supposed to be meandering, so just kept going, all in all it was okay. I got some bunching on one side that I had to take out and the stitches were in really well so took me a couple of days to get that out, redid it and it looked a lot better. Finished up and then did the binding. If you look close you can see where some of my curves went straight, etc. So now I have more to do and look forward to learning more.

I posted a pic of this top before so some may recognize it. I made five tops for the grands for a Christmas gift and hoped to get them done by the end of January. Then I have been sick on and off so it has taken me a while to get the first one done. So hope the next I get done faster than 6 weeks each.lol

Name:  IMG_0447.JPG
Views: 1426
Size:  582.9 KBName:  IMG_0454.JPG
Views: 1415
Size:  641.3 KBName:  IMG_0450.JPG
Views: 1426
Size:  764.5 KB
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    Great job. Really like the quilt.

Great job, you are off and running.
    Draw close. Hold hands. Life is short. God is Good. (Jan Karon)

nice job, the first one is always the scariest but it also gives you confidence to do it again

Beautiful quilt and quilting.

This is just too CUTE ! Good job !

Looks great. You did good.

Power Poster
    Great job and great quilt! Everyone has to start somewhere and it looks like your off to a good start. If you don't point out your trouble spots, I'm sure no one will even notice.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! It is a really cute quilt. Thanks for sharing!

Wonderful quilting. You grandson will treasure that quilt for years to come.
    Marie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast