Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blue jean blankie

(Maybe I'll get this post right a 2nd time...) This is a pattern I found @ http://blankie.made4usa.com/index.html It's actually the second one I've made like this, however I neglected to get a pic of the first one before I sent it out to my cousin's newborn! I won't forget to get the pics again... This one will be going to my friend's baby girl.

front
    Name:  Attachment-63272.jpe
Views: 40
Size:  32.8 KB

back
    Name:  Attachment-63273.jpe
Views: 45
Size:  29.9 KB

Very cute, it's one I'm going to make, thanks for the tutorial. I love how you changed the center block!

Blog Entries
    Great!

Banned
    so pretty

Junior Member Miss Purple Shoes's Avatar
    How Lovely. Your friend's baby is very lucky. Did you back it with flannel?

Blog Entries
    That turned out really sweet!
    did you buy the blue jean material? the binding is perfect for the quilt! great choice!

what size is it?

That is SO cute! I love center block and the binding. Thanks for the link to the website. I have a lot of blue jean material standing by for a project....I think you just pointed me in the right direction! :thumbup:

I am a packrat by nature(I think it's genetic because my mother does it too...), so I have been hoarding blue jeans to cut up for years. I tell my friends and neighbors when they're done with their jeans, I can use 'em! The backing was actually a fleece blanket that was given to me. It had something embroidered in the corner that you couldn't tell what it was anymore, so I just cut that part off :) The floral material was once a pretty winter dress. The fabric is similar in texture to the denim and nearly as thick. So all in all the only thing I bought to make this quilt was the denim thread. Mine measures 28 1/4" x 28 1/4". I didn't follow the directions she gives for binding on the site, I mitered the corners of my binding.

Dancing Needle, glad I could help :) I keep looking at the design and all the mismatched jean material I have, and see so many different possibilities! I have a length of denim fabric with buttons printed all over it that I'm sure would look cute with it somehow, just haven't figured it out yet.

Very nice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast