Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: a couple of questions on my new project

a couple of questions on my new project

I found the panel at hancocks, it is 42x34", I grabbed it and thought baby quilt.
    when I looked at it later It seemed kinda blah for a baby, so I thought I'd jazz up the back. ended up trying my new twister ruler.
    Now, do y'all think this could be a baby quilt . I'm wondering about colors......
    Also, how would you quilt this? when I picked it up I thought I'd practice freemotion, and outline quilt , or echo quilt the tree. .. Now looking at the back (or front I wonder how that would work out.........
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    You have 2 beautiful peices there. I wouldn't use either for the back, they both will make beautiful quilts. I would put a white backing on the tree and quilt it as you said with outlined tree and echoing. The twister would be very prett with a small patterned backing such as the small black print you have in the top. I have never been a fan of the twister but yours is lovely. I really like black,red and white together and you did a fantastic job of placing your pieces. I love it.
    BTW, The tree panel would make a beautiful wall hanging.
    sassy granny
    Last edited by sassy granny; 09-02-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: second thoughts

I love both the panel and the twister but not for an infant quilt, the colors are to sophisticated. The panel would be a great wallhanging and back it with black fabric and use the twister for a tabletopper. Just my opinion since you asked.

Two separate quilts. The first one is definitely a wall hanging.

love them both

Wow..both sides are beautiful.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

These are beautiful. Great colors - perhaps not too babyish but beautiful.

It is wonderful and reversible!

Now that is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by IngeMK View Post
    I found the panel at hancocks, it is 42x34", I grabbed it and thought baby quilt.
    when I looked at it later It seemed kinda blah for a baby, so I thought I'd jazz up the back. ended up trying my new twister ruler.
    Now, do y'all think this could be a baby quilt . I'm wondering about colors......
    Also, how would you quilt this? when I picked it up I thought I'd practice freemotion, and outline quilt , or echo quilt the tree. .. Now looking at the back (or front I wonder how that would work out.........

my vote would be to echo quilt the tree since it's my favorite side, but you did a great job on the twisted pinwheel.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast