Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: flannel quilt I am working on

flannel quilt I am working on

Here is one of the projects I am currently working on. This quilt is almost entirely flannel. The only fabric that isn't is the green fish fabric and the brown fishing lure that are in the 2nd to the last border, just inside the pieced fish. Other than those two everything else is flannel. The center is a flannel panel I picked up at empire quiltfest. I built the quilt around it "round robin" style by designing borders to frame it. I designed the pine tree blocks myself but got the idea for them from the jeweled forest blocks that were being posted here a lot around November. I saw those and thought, those would be easy enough to design for PP so I did. LOL. The pieced fish blocks are from a very old (like close to 20 years) Debbie Mumm pattern book. I have one more border to go on this and the top will be done. My final border is also a flannel and is the blue fish fabric pictured. I am still waffling on corner stones in the final border to break it up. I will definitely put them in, I just have to decide on a block design. I plan on piecing a flannel back for this also.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    Wow!! That is cool! I love your idea to create each border. It looks wonderful! I've never seen a flannel panel!!

I really love what you did to this panel... how are you going to quilt this? I usually play with thread on this kind of quilt... looking forward to seeing the quilting.
    j
    Judy
    Quilters come with strings attached.

love your paper pieced fish border...
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Beautiful quilt!! Love your designs. I haven't done a flannel quilt yet, is it difficult to work with?

Spectacular! I love this quilt. it is going to be so cozy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
    love your paper pieced fish border...
    Thanks TM. Only the pine trees are PP, the fish are traditional piecing.

You did a fantastic job on this quilt, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by breezyquilts View Post
    Beautiful quilt!! Love your designs. I haven't done a flannel quilt yet, is it difficult to work with?
    Thank you. No flannel isn't really any different then any other fab except it can build up some bulk if you have a lot seams intersecting. I found some wanted to fray a little easier than others but only a couple of the flannels I had were loosely woven like that. The only other thing I noticed was more than usual lint build up in my bobbin area so I made sure to clean out my machine every couple of bobbin fulls.

Super Member pastimesquiltdesign's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very nice outdoorsy quilts. Pine trees just make a quilt special. I think I have some fish fabric like that. I should make something from it for my dad, who loves to fish. Peggy
    Happy quilting to all of my new friends on the quilting board http://pastimesquiltdesign.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast