Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I hope she will help a child with cancer >

I hope she will help a child with cancer

I hope she will help a child with cancer

Old 01-15-2012, 04:00 PM

Dear Vickey , your story touches my heart! If you want some fabrics like for the dresses or what ever please e-mail me what you need..I will look thru my stash and see what I can donate..What a wonderful thing you are doing ...Candy
Old 01-15-2012, 04:26 PM

That lucky doll will be hugged so many times, thank you for doing that.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ladysuds View Post
Dear Vickey , your story touches my heart! If you want some fabrics like for the dresses or what ever please e-mail me what you need..I will look thru my stash and see what I can donate..What a wonderful thing you are doing ...Candy

if you happen to have a yard and a half of white fabric for a nightgown, that is what I am most in need of right now...even a used nice white sheet will make two or three nightgowns if they are in pretty good shape. I've used them before. That is what I need the most, if you can spare it. Thanks for anything you can do to help. It is always appreciated.

Last edited by littlehud; 01-15-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:34 PM

thanks so much for the great replies and offers to help. If you will email me at:
[email protected]
I will send you a picture of the last 6 dolls I just got done. I don't know how to post them on this new forum now.

Vickey Stamps
Old 01-15-2012, 05:23 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Vickie!!!!! I have lost track of this thread, so glad it is back up. I have so missed seeing your dolls, I will e-mail you as I would love to see the latest ones. I have a box that will soon be ready to head your way.....Hope you had a wonderful holiday.....
Old 01-17-2012, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 View Post
Vickie!!!!! I have lost track of this thread, so glad it is back up. I have so missed seeing your dolls, I will e-mail you as I would love to see the latest ones. I have a box that will soon be ready to head your way.....Hope you had a wonderful holiday.....

It was quiet and nice...family so far away, so just enjoyed it and then got back to more dolls. Wasn't able to tell you I was selected LOCALLY for a recognizition of achievement by the Soroptimist club, which may or may not carry a monetary award (up to $300) with it. I get the certificate at an awards lunch at a local place March the 13th, and if you send me an e-mail, then I can tell you how it goes. I feel honored for sure. When I get the e-mail, I will show you the latest 6 dolls. I'm trying to get dresses made ahead....seems faster when the dresses are ready. I'm having a problem on internet overusing data and ending up with extra charges we can't really afford, so am trying for next 2 days to limit myself to no more then 3 one hour segments. I'll get on again around 2 or 3 to check e-mails again. I'm going to call the company, as we just got a 4G Mi-Fi modum that works everywhere, bu is causing unexpected charges. We may have to return it and find something more approbriate. Anyway, will get a picture sent your way. Hugs to you and yours and thanks for all you do. Vickey (Glad you found my link again. I wish I could post pics of the new dolls here, but as I said, I don't know how to do it with this newer look.)
Old 01-28-2012, 06:22 PM

Default 12 more dolls....

I will be starting a new topic which hopefully will show the new dolls as they are being produced. For some reason I cannot figure out how to add more pictures here, of the dolls I make for sick kids, so I will try to do a 'new topic or post' so those of you who are following the doll pathway, will still be able to see them. The first page of the new postings showing 12 dolls will link back to this page, if I am successful.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support I've received so I've been able to continue on with them. These make a total of 79 (counting one that came in a kit type package) and I hope to get 100 total as a minimum of dolls I have so far made....before the year is out.

God Bless you all and hope you will find the new topic and get to see the latest dolls. I made so many in such a short time, that my hands (fingers) are super sore....so will deliver these 12 and take a short break...restart sometime in February.

Again...thanks for your support.

Vickey Stamps
Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 PM

I also moved by your kindness, you have made those little girls very happy! God Bless you!!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:57 AM

What a wonderful thing you are doing! Please send me your address and I will mail you some material and lace.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:16 PM

Default 8 homeless cloth dolls

These 8 dolls are crowded up on the bed of our spare bedroom. They are waiting for a VERY VERY VERY sick child to become someone they can love and comfort. These of dolls 83 to 90 so far. I hope you like seeing them.
Attached Thumbnails 100_2553.jpg