Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I need help >

I need help

I need help

Old 10-12-2010, 08:49 AM

Pictured is a table runner I am working on. I am ready to just throw it in the trash with so many of my other projects. I have the angels fused down but no stitching yet. Is it worth continuing with it. I don't really care for it now that I have the angels fused to the back ground. Maybe I should have used a different back ground. Wanted something neutral. Not really sure what to do next. I keep telling you all I am not good at this. I just love everything so much I keep trying. Thank you for any help you can give me to try and salvage it.
Dawn

Angel table runner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114611[/ATTACH]

Close up of one corner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114612[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-114606.jpe   attachment-114607.jpe  
Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 AM

I think once you add something in the middle, either another fused larger angel or quilting, you'll like it...DON'T give up! I've found that just before the quilt is quilted and finished that I hate ALL my quilts!!!!!! One friend said "all the uglies come out just before the beauty shows thru"... :) Hang in there...I LIKE it! My one suggestion is their heads...the stuff behind it shows thru. How about a thicker white fabric??? If you were to lighten the background, the wings and heads would blend in too much. Oh -- after reading the other post...how about hair and embroidering a halo???
Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

Maybe if you give your angels some "hair" - then the heads would show up better and not "disappear" into the background?
Old 10-12-2010, 08:55 AM

this is not to be thrown away! you're not done yet!

use a darker color to stitch down (outline) the angels- will make them stand out- and make a dresden plate for the middle in the colors from the angels.

and then- if you still don't like it- send it my way.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:56 AM

The main reason I leave the middle open is because I usually have a large arrangement on the table. Anything in the middle would be covered up so I usually don't put anything there.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by T-Bones mom
The main reason I leave the middle open is because I usually have a large arrangement on the table. Anything in the middle would be covered up so I usually don't put anything there.
Makes sense to me.
:thumbup:
Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 AM

It is very pretty and has lots of possibilities. I agree, if you put halos or hair on them the heads will show up better, and if you put something round in the middle, it will either be covered up, or just stick out enough to show. I think a dresden plate is a very good idea.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:13 AM

I agree to highlight the angel's head. Then I would add four narrow strips of fabric - one for each angel color - two going lengthwise, two going crosswise to add some additional color/visual interest. If you don't want to cut the runner to add the strips, just fuse them on!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
this is not to be thrown away! you're not done yet!

use a darker color to stitch down (outline) the angels- will make them stand out- and make a dresden plate for the middle in the colors from the angels.

and then- if you still don't like it- send it my way.
I was thinking the EXACT same thing! A dresden plate done in the colors of the angels in the middle would be PERFECT! Plus, if you don't like it after that, don't send it to Barb, send it to me!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:14 AM

Hair then a gold halo would help.