Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: inspector approved WIP

I found this biker fabric in one of my "fun bags" that had motorcycles and maps of all the biker towns that the biker groups travel to and through. My town happens to be one on the map. But my end thought was WTH am I gonna do with this? and I sent it to the "unloved" pile.

Then tuesday night my bff got to talking about her BIL suffering from a horrible terminal illness. He and his wife met at one of these biker festivals. They fell in love on a bike and lived their lives to ride.

Of course I'm having a light bulb moment. I think it must be the quilt gods talking to me, so I dug that horrible fabric out and put the pedal to the medal and made this. I'm finished basting it. I just need to bind and quilt. Probably could have had it done sooner but I'm a scrapper and didn't have the advantage of strip piecing. Had to use what was available. I'm not even going to say what's wrong with it. HA!..it's perfect. Suck my big toe quilt police.

Crispy (the cat) loves it.

My biggest fan
    Name:  Attachment-162208.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  104.4 KB

The inspector can come to my house anytime. I really do like the quilt.

Very crisp and pretty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalisa
    I found this biker fabric in one of my "fun bags" that had motorcycles and maps of all the biker towns that the biker groups travel to and through. My town happens to be one on the map. But my end thought was WTH am I gonna do with this? and I sent it to the "unloved" pile.

Then tuesday night my bff got to talking about her BIL suffering from a horrible terminal illness. He and his wife met at one of these biker festivals. They fell in love on a bike and lived their lives to ride.

Of course I'm having a light bulb moment. I think it must be the quilt gods talking to me, so I dug that horrible fabric out and put the pedal to the medal and made this. I'm finished basting it. I just need to bind and quilt. Probably could have had it done sooner but I'm a scrapper and didn't have the advantage of strip piecing. Had to use what was available. I'm not even going to say what's wrong with it. HA!..it's perfect. Suck my big toe quilt police.

Crispy (the cat) loves it.
    Sure looks good to me! Isn't it funny how we get those AHA moments. You got rid of some unwanted fabric, and will thrill someone at the same time. I am doing that with some pieces I got that I don't like, are giving to QFK.

Senior Member twospoiledhuskies's Avatar
    The quilt is great and Crispy is beautiful (looks exhausted from all the inspecting) :D

Very nice :-P

What a great idea! I'm sure it will be appreciated and loved. Also, your inspector is really cute!

If Crispy likes it, it must be okay! Go for it!

Blog Entries
    Brilliant!! They will love this :D:D:D