Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Magical Inspiration second try

Magical Inspiration second try

Hoping it works this time: In October of 2011, I purchased a new Brother sewing machine that was lightweight enough to take to class (I was/am a newbie). It had many decorative stitches which I had always wanted on a sewing machine. My sister, an experienced quilter, said "you need to practice working with those stitches. There is a pattern on the Bernina website that features a quilt made with a multitude of stitches and it doesn't look too hard." Hmph! Easy enough for her to say!!! I did like the pattern, but was very hesitant in tackling it.

Then I saw a YouTube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWSp0mTTqE ) by Missouri Star Quilt that featured the 'Cozy Quilt Designs of Strip Tubing'. After watching it a couple of times, I had an "Inspiration" to make it.....but......before I would sew the strips into a tube, I would make rows of decorative stitches on each of the strips. After doing that, I sewed it into a tube and cut it with the Strip Tube Ruler. Oh my....it was 'magical'.

At this month's quilt guild meeting, I showed my "Magical Inspiration"
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by ladypetite; 06-13-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    A woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. by Albert Einstein
    *. ƸӜƷ**. ƸӜƷ**. ƸӜƷƸӜƷ**. ƸӜƷ**. ƸӜƷ*

This Strip Tube Quilt pattern has many layout possibilities. Here are just a couple I experimented with:
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    A woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. by Albert Einstein

Very pretty! I like the way you put it together and the other ways would work well, too! I bet you'll be making more of these!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Bonnie View Post
    Very pretty! I like the way you put it together and the other ways would work well, too! I bet you'll be making more of these!
    Thank you! I have already started another one. When I showed this one at our Quilt Guild, I was invited to do a demonstration at our next meeting as to how I did it. So.....I have each of the steps assimilated. Of course, after the demonstration, I will be completing the steps and making another one of these.

Blog Entries
    very nice

Wow this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Excellent use of fancy stitches!

That is just cool as can be! What a great idea.

Power Poster
    Beautiful quilt.

Isn't it fun to experiment and look at the different ways you can create something. It makes you proud. You did a great job.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast