Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Magical Inspiration second try >

Magical Inspiration second try

Magical Inspiration second try

Old 06-14-2013, 02:51 PM

I love all the decorative stitches. All your creative efforts will really make a beautiful quilt. Very nice work.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 PM

I bought a cheap (just around $200) refurbished Brother XR9000 and it has lots of decorative stitches. I bought it 3 or so years ago to learn how to quilt. I love this little Brother and sew just about 4 - 5 days a week with it. And it has never given me a problem. Although, I do wish for a longer throat space. I've made Missouri Star's tube quilt and also their Summer in the Park tube quilt, but never thought to do decorative stitches. I'm definitely going to try this. One question...did you use any backing (stabilizer) on the fabric like you would for embroidery? When you get through showing your guild you should post a tutorial on the board. Thanks so much for sharing your idea. By the way, I love your quilt.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:46 PM
KLO

What a creative and inspirational quilt you have made! This is not something I would have thought of but I sure do love the results. Wish I could be at the meeting where you will be demonstrating this block.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:46 PM

Very cool idea.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:01 PM

WOW! That is just too pretty! What a great idea, I love it!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:11 PM

So very cool and hope you had fun with it.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:20 PM

What a great idea!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie B View Post
I bought a cheap (just around $200) refurbished Brother XR9000 and it has lots of decorative stitches. I bought it 3 or so years ago to learn how to quilt. I love this little Brother and sew just about 4 - 5 days a week with it. And it has never given me a problem. Although, I do wish for a longer throat space. I've made Missouri Star's tube quilt and also their Summer in the Park tube quilt, but never thought to do decorative stitches. I'm definitely going to try this. One question...did you use any backing (stabilizer) on the fabric like you would for embroidery? When you get through showing your guild you should post a tutorial on the board. Thanks so much for sharing your idea. By the way, I love your quilt.
Thank you Debbie! My Brother is very small also but I love it. Yes, I did use Stitch and Tear on some of the strips but since I had them sewn together, they were kind of cranky trying to snug into the throat. So, on the rest (most) of it I used Cut Away Embroidery Stabilizer (which tears also) from http://www.worldweidner.com/cutawaye...ht-8x20yd.aspx

If I can get the written text part of the tutorial understandable and also utilize the Strip Tube YouTube tutorials, I just might post it sometime next month. Stay tuned. Oh....and by the way, I am going to do Summer in the park also, very soon.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
What a creative and inspirational quilt you have made! This is not something I would have thought of but I sure do love the results. Wish I could be at the meeting where you will be demonstrating this block.
KLO....since I have had requests for a tutorial already, I am going to try to work up a written tutorial to go with the YouTube videos. Probably won't be until late next month though.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:55 AM
KLO

Originally Posted by ladypetite View Post
KLO....since I have had requests for a tutorial already, I am going to try to work up a written tutorial to go with the YouTube videos. Probably won't be until late next month though.
Thanks for doing that. I will definitely be watching for your tutorial. I am sure it is probably a fairly straight forward process but you will have worked all the kinks out for the rest of us. We will all owe you a big Thank You for sure. And thanks for sharing!