Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: ""My"" Christmas quilt

""My"" Christmas quilt

Well, here is quilt #6, with only 6 more to go for the year. I was at a quilting weekend, this past March, where they had The Bargain Barn, where women bring sewing items that they want to clean out of their sewing room and I found a ziploc bag which had the stars all cut for 20 blocks, and scraps of that fabric, and the green fabric, uncut and it cost me $5. I had to buy the red fabric and white fleece for the backing. The Y seams of the stars were a little scary, but after playing with the pieces, I figured out a rhythm and they came out just fine for me. I put the word MY in parenthesis in the title, because I am telling my 3 daughters that it is mine, but come Christmas time, I will draw out one of their names and it will go home with them. I love to surprise them, and I sure can't hide it from them, when they stop in often and see what I am sewing. Hopefully, God will forgive me this little white lie. It measures 60x72. I used gold thread on the front, which blended well with the gold in the fabric and red thread on the white fleece of the backing. Happy with how it turned out.Enjoy looking and wish me luck, getting the next 6 done before the end of the year. My goal is 1 a month, and so far, so good, but summer is hard, with all the yard work.
    Happy Father's Day to all the men out there.
    Name:  2013-06-15-poinsettia quilt.jpg
Views: 4605
Size:  1.16 MB
    A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

A beautiful quilt, from a fantastic find! Yes, I would be keeping that one myself too. But I don't have any daughters, lol, I am sure they can be ....... tempting....
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

That is sure a beauty.

What a gorgeous quilt. You are so lucky to have had the opportunity to finish it. One of your daughters will fall in love immediately when she realizes it is for her. Good job on the quilt a month. Last year between mid October and Christmas I decide to make one for each of my 3 children. Did it wait 3 days to spare. I'll never try that again!! Here's rooting for you for the rest of 2013.
    Everything in life happens for a reason.

Blog Entries
    A very beautiful quilt. Put my name in the drawing at the end of the year too.LOL
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Absolutely gorgeous. You did a superb job piecing it, and quilting it. Please put my name in the hat! LOL

Love LeMoyne star stack and whacks. I sure think you got a wonderful bargain. Smashing!!!

Please feel free to "draw" my name. This is one beautiful quilt.
    Carolyn - Singer 1030 (slant needle, self winding bobbin from 1976, my everyday machine) , Singer Quantum Quilter (sits on shelf unloved), Tin Lizzie 18

Blog Entries
    nicely done
    Nancy in western NY

Great quilt ... I bet the person who put it into the bargain table, will wish they had it now.

No shame in calling it's MY quilt .... as it is YOURS, til you give it away!
    And maybe by then, you will decide to keep it all to yourself!!! ..... Why not?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast