Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Corner of the House

Blog Entries
    Well, now that I have my sewing room cleaned up, and may not do THAT again for awhile, I thought I'd share pictures. Since we have a 4 bedroom house, I get a WHOLE room for my office/sewing room. In about a month I won't need an office because I'm dissolving my home business. I'll have filing cabinet space for patterns and projects. The computer will be for the quilting board! This used to be my son's room, and then my daughter moved into it when he left home because of the big closet. The paisley wallpaper went on about 16 or 17 years ago for her - and I left it because it reminds me of my youth I guess! My DH (I'm hoping that means something positive, cause I'm new at this) is a retired building contractor, so he did a wonderful job making a counter for me out of 2 hollow core doors. He built a nice window seat for me so I can keep my books underneath. I've had this room for several years now, but the addition of the white cabinets is new - they came out of my daughter's hallway. The cutting/pressing table used to be the check out counter at my niece's shop (np3's daughter) It's a perfect size and has good storage underneath. The little storage chest was in the garage for years. I painted it and added labels on the drawers for notions and stuff. I JUST added the thread holder on the wall, too - I LOVE it! That's about it - it's pretty cozy in here.

My counters are made from two doors
    Name:  Attachment-184451.jpe
Views: 39
Size:  47.7 KB

The picture over the computer is a map of quilt shops in CA and the picture over the cutting table is a puzzle
    Name:  Attachment-184452.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  57.0 KB

I made picture labels on these drawers for notions
    Name:  Attachment-184453.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  62.7 KB

It is lovely! so neat and organized. Looks like a place you can enjoy yourself. Very pretty:)

What a great room, Is it always this neat. I love it.

What a sweet, cosy room. Thanks for sharing :)

You recycled or repurposed so many of the 'features' of the room, and it looks great. I know you'll thoroughly enjoy it.

Aren't handy husbands great to have around?

Lucky you! I have everything crammed in my bedroom. Very nice

Blog Entries
    I just love it, love the pink chest,the map, especially the puzzle picture. Your dh did a great job with the doors and the window seat. You got it going on now, girl.

Organized, I got a headache already. This is what I need to take time too do. Thanks for sharing.

Sewfine

Your room is very nice and organized...enjoy your space. :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watson's mom
    What a great room, Is it always this neat. I love it.
    Ha! It's NEVER this neat - that's why I took a picture! I'll start on another project now and things will pile up, then I'll reach a point where I can't work in here until it's clean again. It's a vicious circle! Is it just me? Anybody?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast