Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
my version of calendar sue bonnet block >

my version of calendar sue bonnet block

my version of calendar sue bonnet block

Old 08-20-2007, 05:22 AM

Thank you ShellyQ , they are cute, just wish the sewing part would go better. I am using the same thread through the whole pattern.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:35 AM

Hi kathy, my embroidery machine is a janome memory craft 300E, love the machine. I purchased my needles and stablizers and thread at the store where i purchased my machine. I'm afraid to use something different at different store, since i don't know to much about the different stablizers etc. I want to make sure i'm using proper products for my machine. Before i started these patterns i changed my needle, on the july pattern i even slowed down the stitching to 400. I thought this may help, i read or someone mentioned it me , that when a pattern has tiny areas of stitching it good to slow down machine for better results. The only thing i can think of what might be my problem is , when i downloaded my purchase of these patterns. Maybe something went wrong in the download, since i only have this slow dial up. So i'm thinking i should redownload them and then try doing the pattern again and see if it helps. Thanks for your help .
Old 08-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

Love the blocks, those are very cute and colorful! :D
Is the lettering the last thing that is stitching out? I am wondering if it is a needle problem. Maybe a new needle just before the lettering embroiders might help some, or a heavier thread for just that portion of the embroidery? Or can you use two threads for the lettering to help make it denser?
Old 08-25-2007, 11:03 AM

Thank you amma, i'll have to try out and see if it is the needle. Yes the lettering is the last thing stitching out, so i'll have to try it out again and see what happens the next time. Thanks for your help everyone.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

Anothre line of thought I had is if you can use a different lettering program for this design? If that is all that you are unhappy about, does your program allow you to rework your designs? Choose another style font or lettering from a different design/program?
Old 08-25-2007, 06:52 PM

Oh yes , that is a great idea , thank you Amma i will try that. As you can see i did another month, and the letters didn't come out right again, i even did the lettering twice. For the next one i'll try your idea. Thanks again. :D
Old 08-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Power Poster

Are you using matching thread in your bobbin? It is hard to see in the picture whether your skipping stitches, your bobbin thread is showing or your thread tension is pulling on your stitches. Maybe try advancing through the program and stitching your lettering out first and see if that makes any difference..... can you change the density of the font in your program? Maybe they made a mistake in creating it?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:27 AM

did i miss the june block. i'm sure it's just as cute if i did. would like to see it if you have it. thanks
Old 08-27-2007, 07:14 AM

Hi tia sarah, no you havent missed it. I havent embroidered it yet. Was going to last night, but something came up so tonight i'll get it done. I started out with doing May first then July, since my hubby's bday is in May and mine is in July. Was curious to see how those two patterns looked. Hopefully I'll get all 12 months done soon, and i'll post them all here. There is also one extra pattern, its for the july 4th. So actually this package came with 13 patterns. I sure am happy i purchased this package, just love them. Happy sewing :D
Old 08-27-2007, 09:02 PM

Well ladies i did the June pattern, its not perfect. Small mistake on bottom of dress. So i think it may be the pattern. I also have to watch my tension, it started to really loop, couldn't believe it. I changed my needle and checked tension. I'll finish the other ones to, then make a lap quilt for myself. I'll just consider this project one good practise piece. When i do remake them all hopefully i'll have the problems fixed. Sure enjoy watching them as they progress through the sewing time. Can't wait to start next one, :lol: . Happy sewing everyone.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-55438.jpe