Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions please!! this just doesn't look right to me!!

Maybe what seems off to you is that the print in the block has a lot of white and your border fabric doesn't have any white. I would audition a narrow white border followed by the floral border and see if that works better. I really like the drunkard's path you have and also like the border but tend to agree that while it looks good it may not be perfect. A lot of good suggestions have been made so you have options to experiment with. Your piecing and curves are perfect, drunkard's path is one of my favorite patterns because there are so many ways to lay it out. Keep us posted as to how you finish up.
    jackie

Blog Entries
    i like it the way it is
    Nancy in western NY

Maybe a thin (1-2"?)border between the main section and the wider burgundy floral?
    I'd chose a white or black.

Quote Originally Posted by joyce blint View Post
    Maybe a thin (1-2"?)border between the main section and the wider burgundy floral?
    I'd chose a white or black.
    yes, Joyce has it right on...it needs a small white border between the main section and the border.
    Warning! If someone comes to your door telling you they are from the government and they're checking to see how bad the ticks are in your area, and then tell you to take off your clothes and dance around so they can check for ticks.... DON'T DO IT!!! This is a scam! They just want to see you naked! I wish someone had told me this yesterday, I feel so stupid.
    http://www.quiltdasher.blogspot.com/...bel/long%20arm

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah in Brooklyn View Post
    I don't love the geometric/modern look of the quilt and the more traditional, floral border. I think a border in the maroon solid would be perfect, or maybe a slightly darker complimentary color - a dark neutral grey?. The quilt is gorgeous!!
    I totally agree... The color is fine but the contemporary design in the quilt does not go with the floral design in the border print. Perhaps a stripe or even a plaid in the same colors might work. The quilt is beautiful... I just don't like the flowers with it. Do you have enough of the solid fabric in the quilt to make even a small first border to frame it? I'd like a solid maroon small border then some contemporary print for the outside border. Do you have enough scraps to make some sort of pieced border for the second border? But as I said earlier, I love the quilt and you did a great job on it.

Blog Entries
    The only thing i see is you might need a thin border between the drunkard path and the border. there is nothing to stop the pattern between the two. If you have a color darker than the drunkard path that might wk maybe 1 to 1.5inch piece. Hope that helps

Well, that is the perfect fabric for drunkard's path - my eyes think they are drunk already!

Blog Entries
    luv it, itlooks awesome

First off, it is a beautiful quilt. You done a fantastic job on it. IMO I think it would stand out more if you put a 2" border of the solid burgundy between the quilt & the flowered border just to frame it in. I think it would make the pattern pop more.

I wouold just lay a couple of other options over that border and see if I found anything I liked better. Good luck!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast