Orca bay mystery picture thread >

Orca bay mystery picture thread

Orca bay mystery picture thread

Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 PM

Beautiful!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:51 PM

Beautiful work. I am still on step 5
Old 01-07-2012, 09:59 AM

I have never done a mystery quilt and so it is all new to me. So I have been lurking here and watching what everyone does. so far it looks beautiful and a lot of fun. I may try the next one. I am getting the idea from just watching on how this is suppose to work. LOL.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:46 AM

Default My Orca Bay Mystery Mystery

I have been slowly working on part 5, sewing all those little triangles onto the HSTs. Last night I had some of them laid out on my desk and when I turned out the lights, I was surprised to see some glowing stars. OMG, I thought I had been at this process tooo long. I looked again, and yes those stars were had a greeninsh glow to them. I finally figured out that the fabric I used was piece of Goodwill fabric titled Dream Spinners by VIP/Cranston, the white glows when the lights are off. Likely it is a Halloween fabric. Almost wished I had used more of the fabric. I guess I will have the only Orca Bay quilt with a mysterious glow to it.
Attached Thumbnails black-w-white-stars-dream-spinners-vipcranston.jpg  

Last edited by Caroline S; 01-07-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
I have never done a mystery quilt and so it is all new to me. So I have been lurking here and watching what everyone does. so far it looks beautiful and a lot of fun. I may try the next one. I am getting the idea from just watching on how this is suppose to work. LOL.
This is my second Bonnie mystery quilt. I have just used Bonnie's colors as I know it will turn out great! I have yet to finish the border, but what will fit of OB is on my display board so I can look at it. I think sewing it will be a chore! I finished last years by the end of January and I think I'll have this one done by then too. I still do not have RRCB (last years) quilt quilted as yet. Gotta get to it!
Old 01-07-2012, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
I have been slowly working on part 5, sewing all those little triangles onto the HSTs. Last night I had some of them laid out on my desk and when I turned out the lights, I was surprised to see some glowing stars. OMG, I thought I had been at this process tooo long. I looked again, and yes those stars were had a greeninsh glow to them. I finally figured out that the fabric I used was piece of Goodwill fabric titled Dream Spinners by VIP/Cranston, the white glows when the lights are off. Likely it is a Halloween fabric. Almost wished I had used more of the fabric. I guess I will have the only Orca Bay quilt with a mysterious glow to it.
It's the northern lights! That's really cool that it glows in the dark.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
That will be cute.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
This is my second Bonnie mystery quilt. I have just used Bonnie's colors as I know it will turn out great! I have yet to finish the border, but what will fit of OB is on my display board so I can look at it. I think sewing it will be a chore! I finished last years by the end of January and I think I'll have this one done by then too. I still do not have RRCB (last years) quilt quilted as yet. Gotta get to it!
Jeanie, I use to be your neighbor, I lived 22 years in Oxnard. This will be at least my 8th Bonnie Mystery Quilt. Did the 1st one in '07 Carolina Crossroads. I think I'm getting burn out, having trouble staying focused on this one. Still have a long way to go and can't seem to complete any one step. Did the Planet Patchwork mystery on New Years day and finished that top today. It wasn't as big nor as many little pieces, however.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
I've completed sewing the center blocks, and laid them out to get ready to sew them together today. I was really concerned I would get them messed up, they are so busy it wasn't easy to see the errors. When I sat down to take a break, it was much easier to see when I looked at it from a corner - seeing it on the diagonal I could more easily tell if the blue string blocks were going the right way. What a quilt, I'm sure this is the most difficult one I've ever done, but sure am glad I did!
WOW! Just WOW!!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by allets View Post
Jeanie, I use to be your neighbor, I lived 22 years in Oxnard. This will be at least my 8th Bonnie Mystery Quilt. Did the 1st one in '07 Carolina Crossroads. I think I'm getting burn out, having trouble staying focused on this one. Still have a long way to go and can't seem to complete any one step. Did the Planet Patchwork mystery on New Years day and finished that top today. It wasn't as big nor as many little pieces, however.
OMG allets, isn't it a small world. I was born and raised in Ventura and have been in Camarillo since 1969. We don't get as much of the Ventura/Oxnard fog. I worked in Port Hueneme for 25 years, use to drive back and forth in and out of the fog! I love the weather in Camarillo, I am spoiled! Did you hear that Baron's Fabric has closed? We have absolutely no place in Camarillo to get any fabric now! I have to drive either to Oxnard, Ventura or Thousand Oaks.