Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Orca Whale/ Bargello quilt...done..finally..not happy tho!

Orca Whale/ Bargello quilt...done..finally..not happy tho!

I have been talking about this for some time...now it is done. I am not to happy with it..just didn't turn out like I had hoped, but my GD loves Orcas and the panel came out very nicely with the outline of the whales and water etc...so I know she'll like that, and that will be on top all the time! It is just a few inches shorter than a twin size quilt

I did outline on the panel of the whales and the water...then Meandered (widely) the rest of it. The back is Bargello style. I was hoping for a "wave" effect...white capes etc..but that didn't turn out. I started trying for a beach and wave effect (beach = the dark black/brown at the bottom) and then the waves, but that didn't work! The squares are 1,1/2 - 2,1/2" wide. The meandering from the front is what is on the back and hidden alot with the colors. I wanted a soft cuddly quilt... but this one isn't it. I thin between the many squares and seams it just didn't work out.Back doesn't look so good.

I know she will love the front with the whales, but I dont' think she will give a care about the back, in spite of all my hard work! I don't even like it! But, can't toss it, so I'll just have a reason to make her another one!

Thanks to everyone that gave me suggestions and direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I think she will love it!
    Jojos Nana, Carol

Blog Entries
    i think it's terrific... love the back, too
    Nancy in western NY

I'm sorry your not happy with it. I think the bargello side is fine, and I can see how it would be like waves and sand. You can never use too many reasons to quilt though. Happy Sewing
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    I am sorry you aren't happy with it but I don't see anything wrong with it. You did a great job. I really like the back with the waves. She will love it too.
    Have a Blessed & Prosperous Day !
    Chris.

It will soften up after washed a few times or used. I am just impressed with your Bargello. I tried to make one but as soon as I cut the strips, they fell apart, probably bc my stitch length was to long.

Blog Entries
    I like the Bargello back!
    Joyce

Blog Entries
    me too l like your bargello

It's beautiful, I can't imagine what you aren't pleased with. She will love it!

Kat

I think it's a lovely quilt. The back reminds me of the waves as they come into the shore. I don't know what you were trying to achieve that you didn't, but I think it's fun and interesting. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast