Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/group-obw-floral-master-fabric-t92198.html)

k3n 01-23-2011 04:11 AM

Just checking in hoping to see some pics ladies but it looks like you're all out in JoAnn's/Hancocks/Walmart looking for the fabric! :lol:

gramto4 01-23-2011 04:40 AM

I have this fabric. I bought it 2-3 months ago at Hancocks with a OBW in mind. I even bought some bright turquoise and sort of brown for possible borders at the same time. And it has been waiting on the shelf ever since but I did look at it yesterday. I have promised myself that I will finish some others before I start something new but will be watching this thread for your progress. Quilt on!

k3n 01-23-2011 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK I've finished piecing all my blocks into halves and here's my initial layout. This won't be the final one by any means - I like to leave them up on the wall to ferment for a while, changing the odd block now and then as I pass. I'm even thinking I might turn the whole thing through 180 degrees so it's portrait rather than landscape - my OBWs often come out this shape and I finally realised that it's because that's as far as I can reach! So I might get the step ladder out. Anyway, wanted to share where I was at.

I'm sorry the picture is so dark - my camera died and this is DH's and his flash isn't very good!

Now I'm waiting to see some other ppls! :-D

MisDixie 01-23-2011 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
OK I've finished piecing all my blocks into halves and here's my initial layout. This won't be the final one by any means - I like to leave them up on the wall to ferment for a while, changing the odd block now and then as I pass. I'm even thinking I might turn the whole thing through 180 degrees so it's portrait rather than landscape - my OBWs often come out this shape and I finally realised that it's because that's as far as I can reach! So I might get the step ladder out. Anyway, wanted to share where I was at.

I'm sorry the picture is so dark - my camera died and this is DH's and his flash isn't very good!

Now I'm waiting to see some other ppls! :-D

WOW, now I have another 'must do' on my list! Those blocks are so wonderfud!!!

quiltstodo 01-23-2011 10:20 AM

Love the way it is coming together. Hopeing to start mine this afternoon. I did buy some practice fabric and I think I'll start with that since I hate to wreck this fabric. Won't be able to post pics until tomorrow since I only have an iPad at home.

k3n 01-23-2011 10:27 AM

Okey doke look forward to seeing yours!

ksea 01-23-2011 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought this fabric at joanns yesterday. They only had 4 1/2 yards so I ordered a whole bolt, I might have extra so I might be willing to sell the extra. If you click on the download it will open a pdf where I scanned the end of the bolt for the information. Just be sure to scroll down on the pdf to see the info. You may be able to print this and take it into joanns and have some ordered if you can't find it.

k3n 01-23-2011 11:31 AM

That is wonderful of you ksea!

ksea 01-23-2011 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
That is wonderful of you ksea!

Thank you I stumbled on this thread and I thought OMGosh how beautiful I have to do it!! But I went to 3 joanns before I found one that had it, and so many others had expressed interest but couldn't find the fabric so I thought maybe this would help someone. I am always willing to be the enabler!!

quiltstodo 01-23-2011 11:37 AM

Thank you. I wanted more and will have to ask our joann's if they will order it.