Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/picture-thread-rhondas-block-swap-t104333.html)

Rhonda 03-02-2011 08:45 AM

I would love to see you all post some pictures as you begin your process of choosing and making the Quilt Blocks for this Swap.

Show us your fabric choices and your colors!!

Anything related to the thinking process and the sewing of your Quilt Block would be terrific!

But of course we want all those gorgeous pictures of the finished quilt blocks too!!

Hope you all have fun making these!!

Jupiter 03-02-2011 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, Rhonda, for giving us a place to share photos. This is my inspiration fabric. I don't have enough of it to use for sashing, but I like the way these colors play and hope my partners will use them for my blocks.

beige, butterscotch, caramel, black
[ATTACH=CONFIG]120034[/ATTACH]

mom-6 03-03-2011 04:07 AM

Jupiter - that is awesome fabric! Will have to check my stash to see what will work with it. Pretty sure I have ones that will coordinate (one a bit lighter than the butterscotch and one maybe more towards rust than the caramel). Will post pictures later so you can see what you think.

dream56 03-03-2011 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
To Marcias -

Here is the picture of the spring blender colors I have to coordinate with. Any springy color will work.

Jupiter 03-03-2011 12:45 PM

Hi mom-6,

The colors don't have to match exactly. I am just showing this fabric to give you a feel for what I'd like to shoot for.

Have you decided what you want your blocks to look like? color, pattern, etc

hugs, Jup

marcias 03-03-2011 04:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some fabrics with spring colors. I know the butterfly would not show but a small portion of it, but that brings them all tog. I have a hard time deciding what fabrics to use. I need some help. I love the wings block so want to do either Grace wk 23, or Elvira wk 21 or Lila wk 16. If I use the blue, I need to throw out the pink, I think. I really think it is better w/o the blue, but not sure.
If I do Grace, I thought use the butterfly for pink and yellow inside it. Use lilac or lacy light green with pink inside it. HELP! I have never been good at picking colors.
If I do Elvira, I thought butterfly in bkgrd. and lilac and pink for the blue and black.
If Lila, I thought butterfly or pink for blue and lilac and yellow for pink and yellow. What do ya'll think?

Also, should I put all the above writing in the original place and just the pics here?

edensgaite 03-03-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Thanks, Rhonda, for giving us a place to share photos. This is my inspiration fabric. I don't have enough of it to use for sashing, but I like the way these colors play and hope my partners will use them for my blocks.

I'm totally loving this fabric...where can I get it?
Do you have a name or designer?
Thanks,
Mikki

dream56 03-03-2011 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by marcias
Here are some fabrics with spring colors. I know the butterfly would not show but a small portion of it, but that brings them all tog. I have a hard time deciding what fabrics to use. I need some help. I love the wings block so want to do either Grace wk 23, or Elvira wk 21 or Lila wk 16. If I use the blue, I need to throw out the pink, I think. I really think it is better w/o the blue, but not sure.
If I do Grace, I thought use the butterfly for pink and yellow inside it. Use lilac or lacy light green with pink inside it. HELP! I have never been good at picking colors.
If I do Elvira, I thought butterfly in bkgrd. and lilac and pink for the blue and black.
If Lila, I thought butterfly or pink for blue and lilac and yellow for pink and yellow. What do ya'll think?

Also, should I put all the above writing in the original place and just the pics here?

Love any of those colors - surprise me!

Rhonda 03-03-2011 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by marcias

You're doing it just right! We need to see the writing and pictures together. Love your colors!

OraLee 03-03-2011 05:21 PM

Marcias, Where did you get the butterfly material? I just love it. Haven't seen anything like that in Florida.