Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

kwiltkrazy 03-02-2012 09:50 AM

Izy; I love your new scrappy, and I especially like your green binding, it really makes it pop. Thank you for sharing.

Izy 03-02-2012 10:22 AM

thanks kwiltkrazy, the colours are a LOT brighter in real life, and the green/blue bright border is the same fabric as the Jacob's Ladder quilt binding as I will use them together :)

Krystyna 03-02-2012 10:42 AM

Izy, that is luscious!

dublb 03-02-2012 11:40 AM

Lovely Izy!!:thumbup:

energizerbunnie 03-02-2012 01:56 PM

Hey there, everyone, sorry, but I put the wrong message number I am trying to ask about in my subject line. The Batik Quilt Message I am asking about that was made by JIGS is the quilt in the photo in message 1040. I would love to make it and am wondering what the pattern name or book it came from is. Anyone know?

Joanne

Foxflower 03-02-2012 02:11 PM

Joanne, send Jigs a PM and ask her. She is a very nice lady.

jigs1354 03-02-2012 04:01 PM

Hi Joanne,
Yes I made that Batik scrappy throw. I just loved it and so simple to make. I will dig up the pattern for you and very happy to send you a copy. I don't remember if it's in a book or just a page. I will go look for it now and PM you when I find it. It was one I taught and she was a new quilter at the time. Hers was just as pretty as mine.
Going to look now.
jigs

Originally Posted by energizerbunnie (Post 5025556)
Hey there, everyone, sorry, but I put the wrong message number I am trying to ask about in my subject line. The Batik Quilt Message I am asking about that was made by JIGS is the quilt in the photo in message 1040. I would love to make it and am wondering what the pattern name or book it came from is. Anyone know?

Joanne

jigs1354 03-02-2012 04:03 PM

Thanks FF. Going to look for that pattern right now.
Were under tornado watch at present.
:eek:

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5025609)
Joanne, send Jigs a PM and ask her. She is a very nice lady.

jigs1354 03-02-2012 04:10 PM

Hi Izy, where did you find the sham you made. Love that. I need to find the pattern.
Your sham is just beautiful.
Also what kind of sewing machine are you using in the photo? It does pretty good on your quilting.
Thanks for posting the beautiful things your are making. Beautiful colors too.
jigs

Originally Posted by Izy (Post 5024874)
Here's a picture of my pillow sham that I just finished, I have made two but need to finish off the binding on the other one. These were made using up left over 4 patches and HST's from my Jacobs Ladder quilt I made last autumn :D

Izy 03-03-2012 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by jigs1354 (Post 5025897)
Hi Izy, where did you find the sham you made. Love that. I need to find the pattern.
Your sham is just beautiful.
Also what kind of sewing machine are you using in the photo? It does pretty good on your quilting.
Thanks for posting the beautiful things your are making. Beautiful colors too.
jigs

Thanks for the compliments jigs! I never use patterns...all my quilting just evolves.:D

I made up the pillow sham tops, layered them up with double layer of poly wadding to give a bit more loft and stiffness. I made envelope backs, just basically overlapping two pieces right sides out, stitched all around, then added binding to finish. I quilted one HST/4 patch width from the outside edge to create an 'Oxford' style of pillow sham. I have a Janome 9000, not much throat space but I have managed to quilt over 90 x 90 quilts through there phew! :)